chapter seventy-two, boutique.

- Theodore -

- Theodore -

I finished getting dressed and left not long after Camila did. I drove down the street, mentally planning tonight and what I'll do, or say. There's only a couple things that could possibly go 'wrong', but I'll do everything in my power to make tonight perfect.

I pulled up outside of Dad's house. The thought of bumping into him scares me but I need to get some of my things.

A massive weight lifted off my shoulder when I noticed his truck wasn't there, and I managed to get inside with ease.

I grabbed my old gear bags from under my bed and started to fill them with the rest of my clothes and anything I'll need for the week. As much as being Camila's neighbour was the best thing that ever happened to me, I can't live here anymore. Not with him.

After filling a few bags I headed back down stairs, noticing how nothing has moved place - not even the cutlery on the dining table or the empty glass beside the sink.

I opened the fridge and found a bit of out-of-date food, but that's it. Dad hasn't come home.

Something like that should worry me, but considering where we left off, I'm not too upset. I grabbed my bags and locked the door behind me, not knowing when I'll be back again.

I tossed the bags in my trunk and pulled out my phone.
*How's it going?*

*Great, just got my outfit.*

*Can't wait to see it ;)*

*On me or the floor?*

*both.*

A few texts with Camila was enough to lighten my mood. I pulled out of the driveway and headed down the street back to Mom's house.

I ended up taking a detour. I made my way into town, pulling up on Main Street. The bell above the pink door rang as I stepped into the small store.
"Hello there, how can I help you?"

- Camila -

"He took me out of town, to this village- near where Aunt Sarah lives."

Zoe took me step by step through her Friday night while we sped down the highway towards the shopping mall.

"We went to this fun fair in a massive field, but not like a carnival one with screaming kids and clowns and circus music, it was quiet and had a few rides and those mini stalls of old people selling crystals and tarot readings, oh and those games where you can win teddy bears."