chapter twenty, drawings.

- Theodore -

- Theodore -

I scribbled down my homework while the lasagna cooked in the oven. My hair was still damp from the shower and my earphones were perched inside my ears, blasting something from 'Top 100 Hits'.

Dad was doing some paperwork at the kitchen table, complaining and groaning, pinching the skin on the bridge of his nose.

The timer beeped and I took the steaming hot dish out of the oven, placing it on the worktop while I texted Cam.
*Are you hungry now?*

I'm trying my hardest to keep things normal, with the addition of benefits too. But it's getting hard to separate those things. Wether we're talking or in school or just hanging together, I find myself constantly wanting to be on top of her. My perspective of her has changed. I've started to notice the way she purses her lips together when she's embarrassed, or the way her hazel eyes turn almost golden in the sun. The way she's completely oblivious to what she's doing to me.
I have broken the most important rule, but she doesn't need to know that. Plus - it wouldn't change anything... for the better anyway.

*yeah, doors unlocked*

I served a plate for Dad, earning me a "thanks" that was more of a grunt. I wrapped a piece of tin foil over the top before slipping on shoes and heading to Cami's house.

My fist knocked three times before opening the door, slipping inside to find her setting the table, "Hey."

"Hey."
I set down the dish, pulling back the tinfoil to show her what I made. "Ah, perfect!"

"This is so good, thank you." She smiled after tasting the first bite.

"Glad you like it."

"So..."
We started talking about school and our friends to make conversation but ended up completely veering off topic multiple times. I listened to her talk passionately about how much she dislikes the colour of her bedroom wall and wants to change her room.
"I took down some of my drawings and saw that red-ish, coral-ish colour and it just doesn't look right..."

"Why'd you take down your drawings?"
I love the sketches she'd pin above her bed. The way some of them were soaked in vibrant colours and some were plain black ink she drew during a boring history lesson. I've still got some in my room, taped to the back of my door.

"I did them when I was like, fourteen." She placed a fork-full of food into her mouth, looking away from me so I didn't talk her into anything.

My eyes picked up on the tiny bit of sauce on her lips and reached across to cup her face, wiping it off with my thumb and bringing my mouth back to my lips to suck it off.
I completely ignored my action but it didn't go lightly by her, her gaze stuck on me and her mouth frozen in the place I left them.
"So? They were still great, and your wall looked cool."