chapter 8

billies pov:

"mum, can you give me the salad?"

"here you go."

"thanks."

i was currently sitting at the dinner table with my parents, fin and claudia. every week we at least had one dinner together. we agreed to that when fin and i moved out, so we would still see each other from time to time.

"does somebody want to tell us about their day?"

my dad asked. usually i wouldn't but today i actually had something to tell.

"i actually made myself a new friend i think."

"oh yeah?"

"yeah, we met a few days ago and today we went to taco bell and then had a really nice afternoon."

i smiled as i thought back. today was a lot of fun.

"tell us everything."

"her name is willow, she's so nice and funny and we get along really well."

"does she know you're famous."

i rolled my eyes at finneas.

"yes, she knows. but she doesn't care. she treats me just normal, y'know."

"well, she could play."

"uh fin, why can't you let me live my life. you don't even know her. she seems genuine."

"your brother just wants you to be safe. just don't give her your number or your address or anything."

"well mum, already happened."

"what? billie-"

"uh- guys, you can't be just happy for me? you don't know will. i trust her, okay?"

"you gave her your address?"

"no, i gave her my number. and if she wanted to she would have leaked it already."

after that we all got quiet. i picked at my salad.

"i swear she's nice. you'd all like her if you knew her."

"i believe you billie. maybe we can meet her soon, too?"

"thank you claudia and i'll think about it."

the rest of the evening went pretty good. after the dinner we all cleaned claudias and fins kitchen and played board games.

at around ten my parents left because they got tired.

claudia, fin and i sat down on the couch and started a movie.

"billie, because of earlier, i'm sorry."

finneas whispered from besides me as the movie was almost over. claudia laid on his lap and was already sleeping.

"it's okay. i just got mad because you don't even know her. i felt like you were saying that everybody just wants to be friends with me because i'm famous. but i think will isn't like that. i can make real friends too, y'know. the fame is not the only thing that decides who i am."

"i believe you billie. and i didn't mean it like that. i just don't want anybody to use you. that doesn't mean that fame is the only thing, which makes people be friends with you. you know i am so proud of who you are. i'm really sorry, i gave you a wrong feeling."

"thank you, fin. and trust me, will is nice. you'd love her."

"i need to get to know her then, huh?"