chapter 21

willows pov:

"happy new year."

casper jumped into my arms and i laughed.

"happy new year, cas."

it was midnight which meant 2020 was over.

"this year is gonna be so much better."

casper, alex and i and a few other friends were currently outside caspers house and celebrating the new year. we were not that many cause, y'know... corona, but still.

i knew some people from high school but they were all actually only friends with casper and alex. i'm not on the best terms with the kids from high school. 

i still did some annoying smalltalk with everybody, pretending to enjoy being here. 

i always celebrated new year with casper so i was somehow used to it.

i felt my phone ring in my back pocket and used that as my excuse to leave the boring conversation i was having with some random girl, i didn't even know the name of.

i walked inside the house and went in the empty kitchen. as i pulled my phone out, my heart fluttered at the caller id. 

billie :P is trying to facetime

i accepted the call and a big smile appeared on my face. 

"happy new year."

"happy new year, billie."

i took in her appearance. she wore a black beanie and a black shirt with some white anime figures, as far as i could see. her green roots just showed for a few centimeters under the beanie. 

she looks cute as hell.

"what are you doing?"

"i'm at caspers party that i told you about."

"oh right. how is it?"

"ugh- i don't know. not my people, i guess."

"oh, that sucks."

"it's fine. what are you doing?"

"we're all at fins and claudias and claudias parents are here too, it's chill."

"cool, am i gonna see you tomorrow?"

"yup, of course. i have an interview at 3 so i could come over to yours before or after that?"

"how you like. i don't care."

"okay i'll write you tomorrow, okay?"

i nodded my head. 

"okay, i gotta go. i'll see you tomorrow."

"bye."

"bye, willi."

"shut up, bee."

she laughed and then waved before hanging up. 

i let out a sight. i went back outside to look for casper and alex. it took me a minute before i finally found them.

"hey guys, i think i'll head home soon."

"what? why?"

casper slurred his words.

"i'm kinda tired."

"don't go."

"it was really nice. thanks for inviting me."

before he could discuss any longer i gave him and alex a quick hug and then turned around, calling an uber. 

five minutes later the car pulled up and i went inside. i told the driver my address and a few minutes later he told me we had arrived. 

i tiredly walked up the stairs to my apartment. halfway there though, i bumped into somebody. as i looked up, a man around thirty stood above me. 

i gave him a weak smile and tried to walk past him but he stepped in my way. 

"can i help you?"

i asked sarcastically. i was tired and this man annoyed me.

"what's your name?"

he smelled like alcohol and weed. 

"why would i tell you that?"

i tried again to pass him but he stepped in front of me. 

"dude, what do you want? i'm tired, i want to go to bed, just let me go to my apartment."

"y'know, we could both go into my apartmen-"

"yo, marcus, come back inside."

another man opened the door to a apartment and the man, who i now knew was called marcus, gave me a dirty little smirk. 

"next time."

i raised my eyebrows before finally passing him. i hate those man, they're disgusting. 

i walked up to the fourth floor and entered my apartment. i didn't bother with changing my clothes, i just fell into bed. 

i'm fucking exhausted.

-----

(614 words)

sorry for the short chapter. it's really uneventful and boring, i don't know. next time it's going to be better, promise.

so i named him (we all know who that is) marcus...

also, the male fantasy music video... i'm sobbing, crying, shaking. 

how are you, guys?

<3