chapter 29

wills pov:

"come back, baby."

she grumbled cutely and made grabby hands. i crawled under the blanket and she wrapped her arms around my smaller body.

"who was that?"

"just a friend."

"okay. you wanna watch pirates of the caribbean?"

i nodded against her chest while she put on the first part of the pirates of the caribbean on my tv. i snuggled further into her and inhaled her smell of citrus fruits. 

"elizabeth is hot."

"true."

we watched the first part and then the two next ones and cuddled until it got dark outside. 

"do you want me to stay over, baby?"

"i- i don't know."

i hesitantly answered and looked up at her with fearful eyes to see her reaction.

"that's okay. as long as i'll get to see you tomorrow."

she stroked my cheek with her thumb and kissed my forehead before she pushed the blankets aside and stood up.

i followed her to the front door, where she put on her shoes. 

"see you tomorrow then, baby."

she smiled at me and pulled me to herself. i stood on my tippy toes to give her a soft kiss on the lips.

"see you tomorrow."

"bye, i love you."

i waved at her as she skipped down the stairs and smiled to myself. i went back inside and leaned against to door. 

fuck.

time skip to the next morning:

i grabbed my keys, my mask and my wallet and opened the door. i stepped out into the chilly hallway and locked it. i walked down the stairs to the second floor before i heard another door opening.

"bye, i'll text you later."

i watched closely as billie leaned up to kiss the familiar man. she then turned around and froze as soon as she saw me.

"will..."

"morning."

i forced a smile and went on walking down the stairs.

i did not need to see that.

"wait. where are you going?"

"to get coffee."

"oh..."

she caught up and walked next to me.

"can i go with you?"

i just nodded and left the building, her close on my heels.

"can we talk?"

"what about?"

i was being uncommunicative on purpose. 

"about what happened. and don't say, you don't know what i'm talking about because i know you do."

i let out a sight.

"look, i lied. our kiss did mean something to me. i'm trying to forget about it though because to you it didn't and that's fine. i only just realized that i shouldn't run after people who are not interested in me, so... let's forget it."