chapter 60

willows pov:

i sat on the bright blue couch in the green room at the t-mobile arena in las vegas. billie was pacing up and down while doing her vocal warm up. maggie was next to me snacking some vegan chocolate and offering me a piece from time to time. a few other people were in here minding their own business and preparing mics and all that.

the show would start in 45 minutes and i could sense billie getting more and more nervous. since we woke up in the hotel earlier she was jumping and rambling on about how excited she was but now i guess the nerves kicked in too. 

i didn't know how she did it at all, like i'm nervous in a room full of people where no one cares about or even knows me but she sings in front of a bunch of teenagers that would give their life up just for her. 

"i gotta change."

billie announced and went over to a suitcase with a few outfits and a change of clothes inside. everybody packed their stuff and left, leaving maggie, billie and me. 

"i'll check on finneas, are you going to be fine, honey?"

maggie stood up. 

"yeah, but come to me before you go into the audience, please."

"of course, don't be nervous you're going to be amazing."

she kissed billies temple before leaving too. i watched as billie put on her outfit. i opened my arms after she was finished and she came over with a cute grin on her face. 

"ahh, i'm so excited."

she squealed and sat on my lap. 

"i know, you've only told me like a million times today. you're so cute."

she kissed my lips shortly but sweetly before jumping off my lap again.

"sorry, i can't sit still right now."

"i've noticed... you look so good right now, by the way."

"well, you designed the outfit. so of course i do."

"i have so many more ideas in my drafts."

i grinned. after billie had struggled to decide on an outfit a few weeks back, she suddenly came up with the solution that i should show her some of my works. she liked it so much that she wanted to let me style every single outfit for her upcoming tour in february. 

we discussed it a little bit more in detail and also presented the idea to her team and they were all okay with it so now i was officially working for billie. but i didn't mind at all because right after we made that decision she asked me to join her on tour as well. and of course i couldn't say no to that, accompanying my girlfriend instead of staying home and doing nothing, might as well take the chance.  

"i'm so excited to see you perform."

i stood up and grabbed her hands. the chorus of dance with somebody by mando diao was playing in the background as we started spinning in circles while holding onto each other. i got dizzy after only a few seconds but i couldn't care less when i saw pure joy in billies face as hysterical giggles left her lips. 

eventually we let go of each other  and collapsed onto the floor. 

"you make me so happy, billie."

i turned my head towards her still smiling like an idiot and she stared right back at me also with her grin still plastered on her face.

"i'm glad because you make me so happy too."

"i love you."

"i love you."