chapter 30

wills pov:

"jessie..."

"no. don't talk. yesterday, we were still fine but today, i don't know... we're not. what is this about?"

"jessie. i- i just don't want to get hurt again."

jessie raised her hand as i whimpered on the couch. i closed my eyes, not wanting to see her face when she did it again.

jessie had apologized on the same day i found out about billie and my neighbor. she said that she had changed and went to therapy and i gave her another chance. i was sad about billie and wanted to push the hurt away by going back to jessie. 

wrong decision.

now, i was back, stuck in an unhealthy... i don't even know what this was. 

my eyes were still shut but the hit never came. 

"i'll go. but just watch, next time, you're gonna be begging for me to come back."

i fearfully opened my eyes and saw how she left the apartment. i broke down in tears. this was all to much. too much back and forth i couldn't handle.

flashback

"'lay?"

"hey, c'mere."

i slipped through the small gap of my brothers door and tip toed to his bed. he held up the covers for me to climb next to him. 

i snuggled into his chest and he wrapped his arms around me. 

"what are mom and dad fighting about?"

"i think, mom did something stupid that upset dad."

"and what?"

"i don't know but they're gonna be fine."

"can you tell me a story?"

"okay, let me think..."

i stuck my thumb in my mouth as harley though about a story to tell me. i could hear my parents mumbled voices even though the door was closed. they were fighting like always.

"so... once there was a little girl named willow-"

i giggled.

"that's me."

"that's right. and she was the most beautiful girl in the world. she also had an older brother-"

"that's you."

"yeah, that's me. one day they went outside in the garden and will found something super cool. it was a portal."

"what is a portal?"

"it's something that you can use to jump into different world and even on different planets."

"wow."

i listed to him tell his story about the boy and the girl and all the adventures they did. at some point i couldn't hold my eyes open anymore though and fell into a peaceful sleep.

end of flashback

i felt around for my phone. when i finally found it i went to my contacts. before i could even think twice i had pressed the call button. 

why am i calling her? why would she care about my problems?  

"will?"

"billie i-"