chapter 49

wills pov:

"baby?"

i called and continued scrolling down my feed on instagram. i didn't get an answer.

"bil?"

i looked up from my screen just to see billie grin at her phone on the other side of the couch.

"billie?"

"huh?"

she snapped up to look at me.

"you good?"

i questioned and raised my eyebrows. she nodded as an answer before looking back on her phone.

"what're you looking at?"

i stood up to get some water from the kitchen.

"it's nothing, really."

i walked back over and sat down next to her.

"gimme attention. you've been on your phone all day."

"yeah, i just gotta check some things real quick."

she stood up and walked out of the room, leaving me alone. she's been distant this whole morning and we barely spoke. 

it's been a week since our date and we spent almost every second together since then. it's been really nice having her next to me all the time. we also slept together every night wether that be at her house or mine.

i didn't know what was up with her now. i heard her voice in an other room, probably speaking on the phone. 

i leaned my head back and grabbed the remote before i started watching atypical for the fourth time. 

i woke up to billie speaking on the phone still or once again.

"she can't know. promise me you won't tell will."

i snapped my head in her direction and made eye contact with her.

"i gotta go. see ya."

"won't tell me what?"

i sat up correctly while trying not to assume things. she sat down next to me.

"don't worry about it."

i was was trying hardly not to think what someone would think if they heard words like that. i clenched my jaw, having a pissed expression on my face.

"why won't you tell me?"

the things she said just a few seconds ago paired with what i knew about her texting marcus made my stomach turn.

"it's nothing, i promise."

"billie, we were so good at communicating. just tell me what's up."

"you gotta believe me, that's nothing you have to worry about."

i cracked my knuckles before i stood up and walked out of the living room. i grabbed my phone and wallet and made my way out the apartment door.

"will, where are you going?"

"i'm going to see casper for a bit. maybe you'll think about what to tell me 'til then."

"c'mon, that's the reason why you're leaving? it's for real not that serious."

"i'll see you then."

i called an uber after i closed the door and walked down the staircase calmly. we've been so good. we've loved each other more than ever the last few days. we made love behind these walls, we showered each other in adoration but today it seemed to be all forgotten. 

i was probably taking this a little too sensitive.

a single tear rolled down my cheek but i aggressively wiped it away before it could fall from my face. it was only a stupid assumption but it hurt just to think about what was maybe happening. 

and i was also on my period and my emotions were all over the place.

i bit my lower lip to stop me from breaking down before i went into the uber that had just pulled up. i told the driver caspers address before i slumped back in my seat. 

shortly before we reached the house i called caspers phone and he picked up after the third ring. 

"hey, are you home?"

"yeah, i just got back. what's up?"

"i'm coming over. i'll be there in two minutes."

"okay, alright... i'll see you in two minutes."

i hung up the call as we pulled into caspers street. the door was slightly ajar and i stepped inside.

"hello?"

i called out into the empty hallway and got a response that he was upstairs. i walked to his room,  where he was laying on the bed.

"hey love, you okay?"

i shook my head and plopped on the mattress next to him. 

"what's going on, hm? talk to me..."

"we were so good... i don't understand what's up today."

i rolled on my back and stared at the ceiling. 

"i don't know what to think because i don't want to accuse her of something that has never happened. but she was so weird today and i don't know why..."

i looked to my side where casper was texting away on his phone. i looked away because he didn't seem to even listen to me.

"'aight, i'll be in the room."

i told him quietly, stood up and walked out to the guest room. i pulled out my phone, hoping to see any messages from billie but there was no notification. i sighted as i opened our chat and thought about texting her just to shut off my phone and throw it on the bed again.

i tried to nap but i couldn't seem to find the inner peace to do so. billie and i, we've never really gone to bed when we were fighting. we were always trying to fix things before. this hasn't happened in a long time. 

i needed the comfort of her warm body and strong arms wrapped around me. i needed her to whisper sweet nothings and compliment while on the edge of falling asleep. i needed her warm vanilla scent in my nostrils. i needed her, to fall asleep.

i was becoming so dependent and reliant on her that i couldn't find peace to sleep anymore without he. 

i picked up my phone and dialed her number. it rang until the monotone voice of the answering machine could be heard.

billie has never not picked up a phone call of mine, except for when she told me she was gonna be busy and i couldn't reach her. 

i nibbled on my nails nervously as i tried it once again but still without a response. fuck

i buried my face in the pillows as i tried to hold back tears. 

and all that drama the day before my birthday.

-----

(980 words) unedited

heyy,

i apologize for the late update but my birthday and some drama with my friends was keeping me from writing. there's more to come tho...

we're almost at 50 chapters, that's insane, dude... thank you guys so much for your support. i love youuuuu!!

how are you?

<3