chapter 14

billies pov:

"billie-"

i turned over so i was facing her. it looked like she was deep in thought. i saw, that there was something she wanted to tell me.

"i-"

i still focused on her face. she's so pretty.

"i'm tired. let's sleep."

i knew for a fact, that that wasn't what she wanted to say in the first place. she must have changed her mind. but why? i hoped she knew, she could trust me.

"yeah, let's sleep."

i really wanted to know what was going on in her mind but i didn't want to pressure her. she would hopefully come to me, if she was ready.

she turned the light off.

i wanted to let her feel that i was here and that i cared.

"can we cuddle?"

she looked at me for a moment before she nodded.

i hugged her torso and laid my head on her shoulder and she wrapped her arms around me as well.

and suddenly i felt calm. like every other thing wasn't there. like everything else didn't matter for a second. i could just be here and feel safe. i haven't felt that for so long.

and with this feeling, of complete comfort, i fell asleep.

time skip next morning:

the warm feeling of somebody close to me woke me up. willow clinged at me like a little baby koala bear with her arms around my waist and her head on my chest.

she grunted softly in her sleep and snuggled further into me.

the sunlight danced on her caramel skin and her wavy brown hair. i looked at her closely and saw little freckles i didn't notice before. the little cut on her cheek was only barely visible anymore.

my arm, which was laying under her body, tingled because it fell asleep but i was too scared to move. i didn't want to wake will up.

she seemed so peaceful and carefree. last night before i fell asleep, i noticed, that she shivered a bit like if she was crying.

i wanted her to feel okay though. and i will let her know that and make her feel better.

she stirred a little, which was a sign that she woke up. she opened her eyes slowly and i held my hand between them and the sunlight, so that she wouldn't get blinded.

she looked up at me and i smiled back.

"morning."

her raspy voice filled the room.

she rolled down from me but still hid her face in my shoulder.

"ahh- stop the sun."

she giggled cutely.

i turned, so my whole body protected her from the sun. she looked at me again.

"hi."

"hi."

suddenly her facial expression changed and she scooted away from me.

"are you okay?"

she nodded and forced a smile, i could easy tell apart from her real one.

"you're not though. don't lie to me."

"i'm fine, billie."

i raised my eyebrows but decided to just leave it. i didn't want to destroy the nice atmosphere.