chapter 54

wills pov:

our new york trip was amazing and in the following two weeks it seemed like billie and i were better than ever. although we didn't see each other every day we made sure to call and text at least once to ask how each others day has been. 

i was productive in my free time and got a new job at a small café. although i didn't see myself working there forever, it was pretty nice to have something to do at the moment. at the same time i started to take driving lessons. it's about damn time i got my license. 

just now i was driving into the parking lot of the driving school. 

"well done, willow."

my instructor said and we both said goodbye until next week. i pulled out my phone and was about to call an uber when i noticed an all too familiar car. 

i grinned happily as i headed towards the dodge challenger. 

"hi baby, what are you doing here?"

i sat on the passenger seat and leaned over to receive a kiss. 

"i was free and wanted to pick you up..."

billie pecked my lips twice before starting the engine. she drove off the parking lot and put her hand on my thigh like she always does. 

"soon i'll be the one driving us around."

i put my hand on top of hers and squeezed gently which got me a smile from her. 

"i'm excited."

we stopped at a red light and billie looked over at me lovingly. 

"i feel like i haven't seen you in weeks. i missed you."

"it's been two days but i missed you too."

"i'm free for two days now but tomorrow your power plus the music video comes out."

"oh the one withe the snake, right?"

"wait, you've seen the finished thing already?"

"yeah, your mom showed me."

billie pouted.

"i wanted it to be a surprise."

"i'm sorry. but it was amazing. the snake is real right?"

we talked about the song and the video until we reached my apartment. we both went inside but i stopped in my tracks when i saw an all too familiar guy open the door to his apartment. 

"oh hey, ladies. long time no see."

he chuckled while i cringed underneath my mask. 

"you wanna come inside, have a drink or two?"

"no, we're actually in a hurr-"

i interrupted billie as an idea shot through my head. 

"yeah, we would love to." 

i gave billie a look as she was about to protest and took the last two steps to marcus apartment. i saw billie shaking her head from the corner of my eye but i couldn't explain my thoughts to her right now. 

we both followed marcus inside although i could tell that billie was a little hesitant and certainly uncomfortable. 

the inside of the apartment was nothing crazy, just a little bit messy and it definitely needed some cleaning though. 

we awkwardly sat down in the kitchen and billie kicked my chin to get my attention. her eyes were saying a lot of things right now. confusion and discomfort clearly visible. 

"so, uh- how're you holding up?"

i questioned to overcome the silence and tension that was clearly in the air. 

"i'm good. how are you, pretty ladies?"

i hated the way he eyed us both and it almost made me throw up and leave again but i stayed calm. at least on the outside. 

"we're good. pretty busy with work, y'know."

"yeah i get it."

he tried to sag down his pants and put his phone on the table. billie still hadn't said a word. i leaned forward and pushed my boobs up in the process. 

"could i get a drink, maybe?"

i asked with a flirtatious undertone while batting my eyelashes at him. he bit his lip and stood up and turned around to get something from the fridge. 

i took my chance and quickly grabbed his phone and put it in my back pocket. i side-eyed billie who had now realization written all over her face. she gave me a big grin before focusing her eyes on marcus again.

he turned around with three beers in his hands. 

"here, you go."

he winked making me and billie almost laugh out loud at his bad attempt of flirting but we composed ourselves. 

"actually, i just remembered that friends will come over any minute now so we sadly have to go."

i don't think i've ever left someones apartment that quickly as i did now. billie and i almost sprinted up the stairs and slammed the door to my own apartment shut behind us. 

as we caught our breath we erupted into a fit of laughter and couldn't get each other to shut up for at least a few minutes.

"you're a genius, baby."

billie hugged me tightly. 

"i know."

i cheesed. 

"show me the phone. i think i know the code, he used his birthday."

"oh you already were on the birthday typa level."

billie glared at me as i gave her the phone.

"just joking, don't worry."

i quickly replied. i looked over her shoulder on the screen as billie opened the photos app. she srcolled way before we even met but there was not one single evidence that marcus and her had ever been in contact. she went to his messages but except for their own conversation, there was nothing to be found. 

"i can't believe this motherfucker bluffed the whole time."

"but that just means that i can have you all to myself now, that's amazing. "

i grinned from one ear to the other and kissed her cheek excitedly. she deleted their chat and her number from his phone before turning around and laying it aside. 

"i was already only yours."

i hummed happily and kissed her soft lips. 

"you hungry?"

"let's order in, please. i really don't want to cook right now..."

"sure. watchu want?"

i couldn't be more content in life right now. i got an apartment, a stable job and the hottest girl ever as my girlfriend who i'm deeply in love with and who loves me equally as much. 

i know, that i'll marry that girl one day.

-----

(1000 words) unchecked

this book is not over yet. there's still a few chapters left, that are in the making right now. please be patient. i'm seriously so busy the next few days and weeks but i'll do my best to update as soon as possible. 

i love you all dearly.

please, vote and comment :)

<3