chapter 27

wills pov:

nothing. 

not even a message. not even a call. not a visit. not any type of communication. 

since eight days.

i knew, billie was always pretty busy but she had made it work before. to send a message took two seconds. 

i didn't know what to feel. in my opinion i didn't do anything wrong. but maybe i did.

i was sad, angry and confused. 

it seemed like our kiss didn't mean anything to her which made me sad because to me it definitely did mean something.

it made me angry that she was ignoring me on purpose.

and it confused me why.

i was on my way to her parents house right now because if she didn't try to reach out then i was gonna do it. even if that meant, that afterwards, she'd never talk to me again. 

i was used to people leaving me, my dad, my brother, my mom, most of my friends. at this point it wouldn't be a surprise if she did too.

since i didn't know the address to her new apartment i went to her childhood home. 

the uber stopped in front of the small house and i thanked the driver before i got out and hesitantly made my way to the front door. 

what if nobody was home? what if only her parents were home? what if she was home? what would i say? hi? would i start a fight? even if her parents were home? would i say anything at all? would she get angry? would she send me home?

i suddenly started overthinking everything. 

nope, i was gonna get a reason for her ignoring me.

i knocked on the door three times. a few seconds later i heard footsteps coming closer. 

maggie opened the door and looked at me surprised when she recognized me. 

"oh hey will, i didn't know you were coming over. billie's not here, right now. do you still want to come inside?"

i nodded and suddenly felt stupid for just coming over without announcing my visit. 

i followed maggie into the living room.

"i'm sorry for just coming over without telling you."

"it's no problem. billie always invites her friends over without telling us. it's just strange that she isn't here yet but i bet she will be any minute."

"i-" 

"do you want something to drink?"

"no, i'm fine. thank you, though. uhm-"

"are you okay, honey? you seem off."

"i- i'm sorry. i should go."

"no, no, no, billie will be here any minute."

she sat down beside me on the couch and rubbed my shoulder reassuringly. 

"billie didn't invite me. i had hoped to find her here, but she isn't so i'm just gonna go. i'm sorry for just barging in."

"oh no, it's no problem. you're always welcome. i can only guess that billie's at her apartment  right now, so maybe you want to go there."

"uhm- yeah, that probably is a good idea."

i smiled at maggie and she gave me a look.

"you don't know where it is, do you?"

she laughed as i slowly shook my head. 

she told me billies address and then gently pushed me outside. we hugged goodbye before she went back inside. 

i quickly called an uber and told the driver the address as soon as it had pulled up and i went in. a good ten minute ride later we arrived and i got out.

billies pov: 

"w-wait."

i said when i heard the doorbell. 

"just ignore it."

marcus went back to kissing my neck but i pushed him away.

"let me see who it is."

he groaned but let me climb out of his lab. i stood up and walked to the front door. i looked through the door viewer and furrowed my eyebrows when i saw will standing there, rocking back and forth on her feet. 

shit, what am i gonna do?

"who is it?"

marcus called from the other room and i rolled my eyes. 

i nervously opened the door with shaky hands. and there she was, looking beautiful as ever. she took her eyes of the floor and looked at me. 

hurt and sadness were all i could see in them. 

we stood there for a few seconds, neither of us saying a word but i felt like it was my place to speak first.

"hi."

she rolled her eyes and raised her eyebrows.

"that's what you're gonna say?"

"i-"

"who's that?"

marcus suddenly asked and put his arms around my waist from behind. will chuckled humorlessly.

"i see you're busy."

without even letting me say something else, she turned on her heels and ran down the stairs. 

"will-"

she was already out of the building and the sound of the door closing could be heard. 

"fuck"

i mumbled under my breath and felt my eyes fill with tears. 

don't fucking cry, you dumb bitch.

marcus loosened his grip around me and went back inside, letting me alone on the hallway. the feeling of the cold marble floor on my naked feet made me shudder. 

i think, i'm in love.

-----

(840 words)

little short chapter because i didn't have much time. i learned so much for my math test and i still fucked it up. fun :)

2 days, you hear me, 2 days, till tour starts. i'm so excited. ahhh!! 

how are you? 

<3