chapter 23

wills pov:

billie sat manspread, her hands intertwined behind her head. she licked her lips while listening to the interviewer asking her questions.

she's so fucking hot.

my eyes mentally rolled into the back of my head. maggie was right beside me though and i felt really bad for thinking dirty of her daughter while i was sitting right next to her.

billie pulled her left leg onto the chair and hugged it with her arms. she had a serious expression on her face, listening intensely to the questions.

i couldn't hear what they said because a glass wall was between them and us but i could see billies lips move.

"hey honey, do you want something to drink?"

maggie asked as she stood up. i shook my head no but thanked her.

my eyes wandered to my dangling feet after she walked away.

i shouldn't be falling for billie and i knew that. but sometimes i can't stop feelings, it's just happening. i think nobody really can.

this was so bad. i knew billie could never feel the same way and still, why am i fantasizing about things that aren't even possible to happen?

"here, i brought you a water."

maggie held out a water bottle and looked up.

"maggie, that's so nice of you. you didn't need to. thank you."

she just gave me a reassuring smile before sitting in the chair next to me again.

"are you okay?"

i looked at her.

"yeah. i'm fine."

"you just looked like you zoned out for a minute."

"no, it was nothing. everything's fine. thank you."

"just know that i'm right here and you're always welcome in our house and free to talk to me about anything."

i pouted and felt a few tears form in my eyes.

"thank you so much, maggie."

"no problem, honey."

she rubbed my back soothingly and pulled me into her side.

i didn't know why but that made me cry, now actually.

"oh no, don't cry."

"sorry."

she swayed us side to side and wrapped her arms around me.

"don't be sorry."

after a minute i had calmed myself down and pulled away.

"thank you, maggie."

"it's nothing, sweetie."

"i'll go the toilet real quick, wash my face and stuff."

"yes, you do that. take your time."

she chuckled before shooing me away.

i made my way to the restroom and looked at myself in the mirror. i looked pretty horrible. my eyes were red and puffy just as my nose. my mascara was smeared all over my face and my hair was messy too.

i turned on the water and leaned down to splash my face with it.

i didn't mean to cry like that. it just reminded me of my own mother and how she never had cared about me. not even enough to ask how i was, and it got even worse after i came out to her. as i already said, i haven't talked to her since.