chapter 37

wills pov:

"hi, my love."

"hi, baby. where are you right now?"

"still at the meeting but i'm just about to head home. and i wanted to ask if i could pick you up? by the way, my moms in the car with me right now."

"hi maggie."

"hey sweetie."

"yeah, of course you can pick me up, where to?"

"to dinner at my home. dad cooked and fin and claudia will be there, too."

"of course, if i'm not interrupting your happy family moment then."

"you're not at all, honey. we'd be really happy to see you. it's been some time."

maggie spoke up.

"alright then. see you soon."

"we'll be there in 20."

"okay, bye baby."

"bye, my love."

i got butterflies by hearing her say my love for the second time in a few minutes. what would i give for her to actually love me. but i know it's way too early, even though, i felt that way about her already.

i put my phone down on my bed before stripping out of my sweatpants and my large shirt quickly searching for a appropriate outfit.

a few minutes later billie texted me, saying they were outside. i took my things and locked the door behind me. 

as i went out the door downstairs i already saw billies car waiting. i made a little awkward run to them and opened the back door. 

billies and maggies head turned around at the same time as i climbed into the backseat. i was greeted with a wet and stinky tongue in my face as well as loud excited barks. 

"hi sharky."

i gave him the attention that he deserved before i turned to the others in the car.

"hey baby."

billie grinned at me after i closed the door.

"hi."

i smiled shyly as they both were turned around in their seats to greet me. i first gave maggie a kind of weird side hug since it was a little difficult to hug over a seat and then kissed billies cheek.

i didn't know if she had told her mom about us yet, that's why. she gave me a soft smile afterwards and turned on the engine.

"how've you been, will?"

"good, i've been good. and you?"

"i've been good so far. thank you. i hope the invitation wasn't too short-term."