chapter 24

billies pov:

"hey billie, can we take a picture?"

"yeah, sure. c'mere, love. how are you?"

"i'm great. how are you?"

"i'm also great, thank you."

the girl took out her phone and i posed for a quick picture.

"thank you so much. i love you."

"i love you too."

she turned around and ran off to a waiting car. i returned to my own car as well and put the bouquet of flowers on the passenger seat. i buckled up and drove off the parking lot.

currently i was on my way to will because we originally planned to meet at my apartment but now will didn't feel very good.

she got really bad cramps because of her period that she had started, so i thought it would be nice of me to bring her some things.

i got vegan chocolate, flowers and a little stuffed elephant. i didn't plan to bring the elephant at the start but then i saw it and thought why not?.

i could lie and say i would do that for all of my friends but to be honest, i wouldn't. i like will, there's no denying in that, but i know we will never be together, so i'm doing this as an act of pure kindness in a friendly way.

i pulled up to the apartment building and turned off the engine before i put on my mask. i grabbed my phone and keys along with the things for will and walked inside.

i skipped the steps to the second floor before i was stopped.

"hey."

"hi."

i dryly answered to the man standing in front of me.

"somehow we keep running into each other, huh?"

"yeah, what coincidence."

i mumbled sarcastically.

"what's your name?"

"billie."

"that's a really unusual name for a girl. it's really pretty tho."

"thanks, i guess."

"i'm marcus, by the way."

who asked, bitch?

i just faked a smile and attempted to walk past him but he stepped into my way.

"dude..."

i looked up at him in annoyance. i always tried to be nice to everyone but this guy made it really hard for me to hold my composure.

"what do you want?"

"your number."

"ugh- ya well, i won't give it to you."

he seemed a bit taken aback by my answer and i used that as my opportunity to leave. when i finally reached the fourth floor i nocked on wills door.

a minute later the door opened and will stood there in sweatpants and sweatshirt while a fluffy blanket was draped over her shoulders. she had a sleepy look on her face and her hair was all messed up.

she looked so beautiful.

"hi."

"hi."

we smiled at each other before will stepped aside and let me in. i slipped off my shoes and followed will into the living room.

"here, i brought you some things."