chapter 42

wills pov:

when i woke up the first thing i noticed were voices and shuffling around me. i tried to blink but couldn't find the strength to do so. my mouth felt dry and fungal.

the volume of the the noises increased and my head started hurting even more than it was before. 

what even happened?

i shot my eyes open as i felt hands slide underneath my body and lift me up. even the dim lights blinded me and i had to adjust for a second.

i panicked when i saw all the unfamiliar faces of the paramedics in front of me. 

where am i? how did they get here?

"she's conscious."

i was put on a stretcher. 

"miss june, can you hear me?"

"ye-s"

my voice cracked but i managed to get something out.

"we got a reaction. miss june, we're taking you to the hospital."

i frantically searched for a familiar face, someone who could tell me what happened.

"billie?"

i whimpered in despair as she wasn't in my sight. was she even here?

"i'm right here, my love. it's okay."

i felt billie take my hand before i saw her and let out tears of relief. i only hardly remembered the next minutes. 

but i realized i was at the hospital when the smell of disinfectant suddenly surrounded me. my hand had clasped to billies since we had left my house and she hadn't let go once either. 

i allowed myself to close my eyes and when i opened them again my hand was still engulfed in the warmness of hers.

i realized that we had moved inside a small, brightly lit room. 

i turned my head to the side and pouted as i saw billie passed out on a chair with her head on the mattress right next to my torso. 

she refused to let go of my hand even when i tried to pull it out of her grab to stroke her hair. 

the throb in my head hurt like hell. every other part of my body was just numb and i didn't even try to move.

suddenly billie shot up from her position making me flinch. her eyes scanned the room and then fell onto me.

"oh my god, you're awake."

she stood up lifted her hand that wasn't holding mine. i flinched again as she tried to touch my face. i knew she wouldn't hit me but it was almost like a reflex.

"hey, it's alright."

she put her hand down, which saddened me, and sat down on the bed.

"how're you feeling?"

he thumb started doing circles on the back of my hand.

"my head hurts."

my voice cracked which made us both crack up a little but i stopped laughing as it got into my head,

"yeah, you have a minor concussion. that's why. the doctor said you had to stay here for the night for control."

"what time is it?"

billie looked onto her phone on the bedside table.

"almost 3 am."

"why didn't you go home. you have work later."

"no, i wanted to stay here with you."

"you're so stupid."

she just smiled.

"i wrote finneas and casper that you're here. i hope that's okay. they didn't answer yet but i wanted to let them know, so nobody's worried where you are."

"thank you."

"of course. also, you have a small rib bruise and on your temple is a cut and you lost some blood. not much though, just wanted to let you know."

"thank you."

"i took your phone with me incase you want to call someone, i don't know. i didn't have time to pack some clothes of yours yet but i'll go tomorrow and bring you some."

"thank you-"

"are you hungry? i could look if i find something to eat here. or to drink? are you thirsty?"

"billie. stop talking."

i chuckled but stopped as soon as the pain in my head returned. she looked at me with tired eyes and i pouted.

"baby, c'mere."

i made some space next to me in bed and billie laid down immediately. i opened my arms and she snuggled into me, careful to not hurt my rib.

"thank you for doing all of this and being here for me."

she nodded in my chest as a way of saying "of course".

i stroked her messy blond hair while she made circles on my other arm with her thumb.

"i love you."

i didn't get a response. i looked down to see her eyes closed as soft breathes escaped her slightly open mouth.

sleep well, i guess...

-----

(730 words) unedited

hey hey.

how are you?

<3