Chapter-1-Back To India😮

It was a fun Friday night, the most happening night club in all of London buzzed with drinks and music as two guys whose hands were only shown took part in a 'Who can finish nine shots?' the fastest. A guy in a green jacket and the man in the black jacket took through a close edged win, the man in the green jacket winning on a cutting edge. He smiled and pulled the guy in black jacket for a hug. "Machan, idhu bongu, Namma tirumba modhal irrundhu panlam." (Dude, this is unfair, let's start again!) Rakshan, the black jacket guy suggested. "Always up for a challenge." Avinash, the green jacket guy added with a smirk.The LED strip lighting was giving off a perfect situation for their enthralling night life.

The guys continued to flirt around with woman, obviously Avinash's charm and good looks winning him all the female attention. "Evalachu nammala madhikarala nu paaru?" (Just check if someone is sparing me some attention?) Rakshan asked himself as he tried his best to flirt around but hard luck, none turned his way. He decided to breathe some fresh air and get back in when he noticed around a hundred missed calls from his dad. "Appa, ennachu?" (Dad, what happened?) He questioned and upon receiving the reply his eyes widened.

He rushed back into the club, where a woman played with Avi's collar as he sipped a drink talking to another. "Machan!" Rakshan called panting. "Ennachu da?" (What happened?) Avi asked seriously, watching Rakshan's expression. "Machan unga appa ku..." (Your dad....)  He dragged and Avi pushed off the woman sitting straight.

"Appa ku?" (My dad?) He questioned. "Appa ku accident da, hospital la serious ah irrukar aahm. Unna next flight la Vara sonnanga." (Your dad had an accident, he is under serious condition. They asked you to return back in the next flight.) Rakshan told and Avinash's heart rate increased rapidly. Without wasting a second, they left back to their apartment, packing to move back home after ten years.

######

A day earlier, A slender woman, wore her monotonous kurti and shawl, putting up a proffesional look. "Amma kelambren." (Mom, I'm leaving) She announced. "Saaputu, aprom kelambu ma." (Eat before leaving.) Her mom added sweetly. "Illa ma, inniku council poganum, naa veliya saptukven." (We have to leave to the council meeting, I'll eat out.) She answered. "Akka, naliku semester fees kattanum." (We have to pay the semester fees tomorrow.) Her sister Divya added. "Seri innaiku evening eh College ku poiren." (I'll settle it this evening.) She told. "Shalu ma, naa drop panren vaa." (Shalu ma, I'll drop you.) Her brother, Vikash offered. "Thanks da." She told, wearing her wrist watch. 

She reached the chief minister's house. She walked to his office chamber with her bright smile. "Vaa ma." (Come in.) The elder yet handsome and fit man, the chief minister of Tamil Nadu, Mahesh Chakravarty greeted. "Sir innaiku council poitu varadhu dhan plan, naa council lirndhu nera sister oda college poganum sir, chinna vela." (Sir today, we would be leaving to the council first, I'll be leaving directly to my sister's college from there, got a small work.) She bombarded and the man chuckled.

"Pattas maari vedikadha ma, seri saaputu kelamblam." (Don't pop like a firecracker, we'll have breakfast before leaving.) He told and she nodded. "Saaptiya?" (Ate?) He asked. "Illa sir." (No sir) She answered. 

"Vaa serndhu eh saapudalam." He told. (We'll eat together.) "Sir, naa unga kooda?" (Us?) She asked. "Nee ennaku oru ponnu maari dhan ma, unga appa mattum enkooda oru moral support ah illana, naa ivlo periya politician ah irruka maaten...... Avaru enkitta kadaisi ah kettadhu, unna bathrama pathuka.... Yenna avaruku teriyum, nee nalla irrundha, unna suthi irrukura ellarayum nalla vechipa nu." He told and her eyes moistened. 

(You are just like a daughter to me, if your dad wasn't a moral support for me, I couldn't have become such a big politician... The last thing that he asked me was to take care of you.... Because he knows, if you are happy, everyone around you would follow.)

"Vaa vandhu sapdu." (Come, come and eat.) He told and she nodded. They began eating together, Mahesh laughing to her antics while she was just being herself. The ride to the council was filled with Shalini ranting about all the problems and what he has to put forth in the council that was presented by the PR department. Mahesh wasn't paying much attention to it. "Shalini?" He called, stopping her midway. "Enna sir?" (What sir?) She questioned.

"Illa ma, konjam Avinash ku aproma call panni Vara solriya? Ennaku avana paakanum.... Paathu pathu varusham aachu." (Nothing, just could you ask Avinash to visit him... It's been ten years since we saw him.) He answered. "Inniku night call panna solren, avaruku London la comfortable aahna time ah irrukanum la?" (I'll call him tonight, it must be a comfortable time for him out there right?) She asked and he nodded.

She left taking a cab to the college while Mahesh left with the convoy. But unfortunately, there was a brake wire defect and resulted in a serious accident. Shalini's hands trembled on hearing the news. She rushed to the hospital, tears finding way to her eyes. She walked past the armed guards to the ICU. The CM didn't have much family, so it was only his trusted employees that stood there that included Rakshan's father, "Appa ennachu?" (Dad, what happened?) She asked him, as he was another fatherly figure, he was a family friend and Rakshan was her psuedo-brother.

"Konjam serious ah irruku ma, Avinash thambi call edukla nu ippo dhan Rakshan ku Phone panni sonnen." (He is a bit serious, I called Avinash, but he didn't pick the call, so I called up Rakshan.) He told and it stung her heart hearing Mahesh's condition. 

She was spending the night in the hospital, taking a seat and closing her eyes and drifting off to a half sleep state.

######

Upon landing on the break of dawn, the media fled to take pictures of him in the airport, constant flashes were being flashed on his face but nothing bothered him. He rushed to the hospital directly in the jet black Aston Martin. The media tried to get a statement from him like bees for nectar. He rushed inside, Rakshan and a few other gaurds blocking the media from him. He rushed past the guards into the hall beside the ICU. Rakshan's father trued to calm Avinash down. "Uncle ennachu appa ku?" (What happened to dad?) He asked impatiently. "Operation poitruku, Mudinja dhan solla mudiyum nu doctor sonnaru pa." (The Operation is going on, they told that nothing can be said as for now.) He told and Avinash's eyes softened.

He was panicking internally when he turned his head to find people swarming around him despite the commotion. Many party members trued to talk to him but he seemed rather unbothered. "Konjam thaniya vidringla?!!" (Can you leave me alone?) He yelled and the people left while a small figure jerked and woke up catching his glimpse. Rakshan and his dad sharing a hug. "Nalla irrukiya pa?" (Are you fine?) He inquired and Rakshan nodded. Rakshan then patted Avinash's shoulder. "Onnum aagadhu machan avuruku, worry pannikadha." (Nothing will happen to him, don't worry.) Rakshan told and he smiled weakly but then their eyes fell on a small woman.

"Thangam?" She asked with a weak smile. "Shalini ma?!!" Rakshan exclaimed hugging the girl tightly. "Shalini?" Avinash asked confused.