Chapter-93-Engagement

"You are looking absolutely gorgeous tonight." Abhishek told placing the ring on Samira's finger and Aadhira and Vaishag crushed each other's fingers in disappointment. Samira smiled back and pushed the ring into his finger. "soli mudinchu." Aadhira whispered into his ears.

The huge party hall filled with celebrities and elites showed their presence to the engagement while Avinash smiled and held Shalini's fingers tightly with happy tears.

"Ippo orey Vazhi dhan irruku." Aadhira whispered into Vaishag's ears. "ennadhu?" he asked back. "Kalyanam nadakra appo ellaryum paathu samadhama nu kekambodhu, enchu ninnu, illa nu sollidlam." She added and he sighed. "Aadhu!! Adhuku Christian wedding illa pannanum?!!" Vaishag exclaimed back and their banter continued.

"Anna rendu perum enna pesikringa?" Nithya asked walking to them. "Onnum illa da, Samira akka ku  engagement la adhan feel pannitu irrundhom." Vaishag lied. "Seri, let's go click a pic with them, feel panni mudichitu vaanga." Nithya told and left and Vaishag nodded with a smile until she left and then sighed. "Indha bonda vayan ku photo onnu dhan korachal!!" Vaishag muttered under his breath loosening his tie harshly.

The engagement was finally done and Aadhu with Vaishag stood in the balcony, Vaishag puffing out smoke as they viewed the city sharing the ciggerate alternatively. They heard the door opening and Aadhira threw his ciggerate bud away thinking it was Avinash but sighed relaxing when she realised it was Sam.

"You scared me!" Vaishag confessed. "Yen thirutu thanama edhachu smoke panniya?" Sam asked. "Is that how you think about me??!! Ouch!! En heart odanjiruchu!" Vaishag dramatized, placing his hand on his chest. "Scene poda aarambichitan!" Aadhu commented earning chuckles.

Within a moment of silence, Aadhira and Vaishag's eyes met. Vaishag eyed Aadhira to speak who nodded negatively and asked him to speak. Tired of this, Sam asked directly, "Enkitta edhachu sollanuma?"

"Solradhuku onnu illa, I want to ask Akka." Vaishag told. "Kelu da!" Sam told smiling. "Unnaku Nejamave andha Bonda vayan--" Vaishag began. "Abhishek!" Samira corrected and Aadhira rolled her eyes. "Avan kitta apdi enna irruku nu kalyanam pannika okay sonna?... Either looks irrukanum illa character... Avan kitta rendume illa!!" Aadhira exclaimed.

"Naa vera edhuku okay solluven? Appa ku pidichirku--" Samira began calmly when Aadhira intervened, "Appo avara kalyanam pannika sollu!" Making them pause to chuckle. "Appa loves me a lot, naa enna panna happy ah irrupen nu avaruku teriyum, he knows what's right for me. Abhishek good looking illanalum well settled, nalla family, avanga business nalla pogudhu... Enna kadasi  varaikum happy ah vechikvan." She answered.

Avinash who overheard the conversation smiled and left to his room. "Samira vazhandhuta la?" He asked Shalini who had an unreadable expression. "Ippo dhan notice panniya?" She asked. "Yeah, nethu dhan first time, avala apdiye kuttiya cute ah, pinkish skin oda, en kaila kudutha maari irruku." He told. "Appo irruvadhu varushama coma la ya irrundha?" She asked and he sighed. "It's a dad daughter thing, unnaku puriyadhu." He told. "Seri seri naliku ungluku international conference, seekiram paduthu thoongunga!!" She added and he followed.

######

Vaishag and his friends sat by the college garden talking when his friend announced the arrival of junior girls. Vaishag was least interested in all this. He noticed the college dog lying down nearby. He kissed in air calling it, "Chu Chu Chu... Shanti kutty... Inga vaa di... Unna paathu evalo naal Achu... Baby girl!!" He cooed.

(Introducing Kashmira Pardesi as Shanti)

"Enna ipdi kupdraru?" She asked herself but then was reminded about how her friend told her that he was the CM's son

"Enna ipdi kupdraru?" She asked herself but then was reminded about how her friend told her that he was the CM's son. "The last thing I want is attention because of protesting him, pesama poiduvom." She told herself and walked closer with anxiety building up with each step. Her heart was in her throat as she neared him.

"S-sir?" She choked out at the guy who sat comfortably on the wall-ish slab. "What is it?" He asked sternly and her heart rate increased rapidly as she turned scared to the depth of his voice and his strong gaze. "K-k-k-koop... Kooptinga..." She managed to choke out. Vaishag was confused, he tilted his head as if he didn't understand. "Sh..sh... Shanti." She managed to say.

'why is she asking about that dog?' he thought. "Yeah... Okay..." He dragged, unsure about her reason to approach him. "Neenga dhana kooptinga?" She asked. "Yeah." He answered. "E-edhuku?" She asked. "So that I could be with her." He replied and she gasped and took a step backward, almost tripping causing him to jump down and make sure she was okay.

"Are you okay?" He asked and tried to near her when she took a few steps backward. He paused seeing her behave as if he was here to assault her. "What happened?" He asked. "I-inga paarunga... I-I-I am not the kind of woman you are l-looking for... Naa kelambren!" She added looking down at the ground and rushed away confusing him.

"Paithiyam." He commented after her like Santhanam in escape paithiyam comedy.

######

"So Mr.Aditya, unga first movie eh blockbuster hit!! How does this feel?" The interviewer asked him. "It actually puts a lot of responsibility in my shoulders, because ippo en mela oru expectation create aagum, I have to fulfill it and satisfy the audience." He added.

"Very beautifully answered, but we wanted to ask you one final thing, adhuku aprom vituren (adi chuckles) indha padam... The characters Nila and Surya, avanga unga life la irrundhu inspire pannadhu nu veliya rumours odudhu... So sollunga, neenga dhan andha Surya va? If yes paduthala neenga open ended ah vittadhu is whether Surya would confess to Nila or not, so real life la indha Surya Nila ku propose pannuvara maatara?" The woman asked.

Aditya chuckled again. "So I am sorry to disappoint you all, but neenga ketta first question eh whether it's inspired from my life... I just wanted to tell that... It's a partial yes, the struggles that Surya faced before he made if into the cinema industry was definitely inspired from my life, idhuku vandhu my reference movies are from around twenty five, thirty years back, Vaaranam Aayiram and Meesaya murruku, it wasn't exactly the writer's lives that was depicted but a part of it... This is the same." He finished.

'paah! Cinema la poi sollanum nu solluvanga but ivalo sollanum nu teriyama pochu.' he thought to himself as the anchor gave the closing link.