Chapter-87-The Interview

Next morning, Shalini kissed Avi's cheeks. "Ippo okay va?" She asked. He kissed her lips in response. "Poi ready aagitu vaa. The twins might be up." He told. She nodded and left.

Avinash stood brushing his hair by the mirror when he noticed her in her old monotonous kurti that now looked a bit tight. He chuckled remembering the banters that they held regarding it.

"Epdi irruken?" She asked flaunting it. He walked towards her and pulled her towards him. "En PA madhiri." He replied and bit her cheek making her wince. "Stop biting!!" She exclaimed. "Adha nee solladha!" He added pointing to the bite marks on his chest by tugging his shirt. "Yen pudikalaya?" She asked. "Naa apdi sollave illaye." He whined and she chuckled. "Seri kelambu. Innaikum CM sir busy dhana?" She asked and he nodded while she helped him button up.

######

Samira took the remote from Aadhira and switched to a news channel. "Hey!! Edhuku mathna?!! LSG vs CSK!! Semma match!!" Aadhira whined. "Daddy interview start aaga pogudhu." Samira added. "Avaru edhuku dhideernu interview kudukraru?" Shalini asked. "For the new project on poverty abolishment." Sam told and Shalini sat beside them intrigued. "Match-uh?" Aadhira reminded. "Highlights paathuko." Shalini replied making Aadhu pouted and walked away.

The interview began and Avinash began answering about the projects sincerely. The conversation seemed very matured and informative. Avinash was proving why he was called an intellectual.

"So, how did you cope up on entering politics so abruptly back then?" The interviewer asked.

"I didn't." He answered. "The plan was that, I would be a standby CM doing nothing for six months and then leave back to London. I had absolutely no interest in politics." He continued. "Until a special someone convinced me to stay.... Made me realise the intensity of the situation... Made me into the man I am right now." He told and smiled.

The interviewer smiled as well, "Can we please know who that special person was?"

Avi smiled again, "It was my wife, then PA as well. She took relentless, feverish steps, to change me from the jerk I was. She made me realise how selfish I sounded. She helped me to understand the purpose of my life." He answered. Shalini smiled looking at the television. More than his words, his eyes conveyed how he truly felt. Samira turned to her mother and hugged her seeing her moist eyes. Shalini kissed Sam's hands and smiled.

Back in the interview, upon hearing the word wife from him, the talk back team yelled into the host's ears to ask them about the fan following they had as a couple.

"So.. now that you have brought up your wife, we.. we would like to know about how you feel about all those edits and fans that you have for your relationship. Hashtag Avni is always trending." He asked.

Avi took a deep breath in, "I actually don't know, because... Obviously it's people's love, which you can't control, but I'd like people to understand that I am politician, just another government employee, as long as people don't disrupt my privacy I am totally fine with it." He handled the question maturely, not hurting the fans, at the same time not encouraging them.

######

Shalini helped the girls into the bed and waited for him, he walked in all tired. "Sha--" his words were cut off by her hug. "Ennachu Shalu ma?" He asked. "I love you." She replied. He chuckled and kissed her forehead. "App room ku polama?" He asked and she chuckled. "Yedhuku sonnen nu keka maatiya?" She asked. "Enna love panradhuku unnaku reason Ellam venuma?" He asked back.

She hit his chest and told, "Innaiku interview pathen.". "Okay...." He dragged tracing her waist with his one hand. "Un words ah vida, un kannu la terinjudhu.... How much you love and respect me." She told. "En love interview la dhan terinjudha?" He teased nibbling her earlobe. "Avinasheyy" she whined.

"Nee illana naa enga epdi irrundhirpen nu sathiyama teriyadhu. Engyachu teriyadha oorla doctor ah work pannirpen.... Indha state, kandavanga kaila sikkirkum." He told tracing his nose on her neck.

"You think the same doesn't apply for me?... Nee illana naa yen state en kannu munnadi azhiyaradha pathutu, bike ah paathe bayanthutu... En passion ah vitutu... Happiness na epdi irrukum nu marakra alavuku poirpen." She told. "Poi solladha di, Nee AD oda tirumba serndhu jolly ah dhana irrundhirpa?" He teased to lighten the mood.

"Adhu ennamo correct dhan...." She played on and he glared at her. "Correct ah goyyale!! Naa sonnadhuku, (mimics her voice)... 'Hayayo Avinasheyy, apdi Ellam illa, naa unga kooda dhan happy ah irrupen' apdinu dhana sollirkanum?!" He chided and she began laughing. "Irru di unna!!" He warned playfully and carried her into their old room again, knowing it was going to be a long day as he began torturing her with kisses and punishing her by love making.