Chapter-8-Meera

Shalini walked to Avi's gaming room after a talk with Rakshan. "Avinasheyy!!" She called. "Enna?" He asked concentrating on the game. "Edhula sign podanum?" He asked carelessly. "Naa unga P.A va varala, just oru friend ah!!" She clarified. He diverted his attention from the game. "Nee ipdi pesra aal illaye...." He dragged. "Oru game velayadalama?" She offered and he was thrilled. He nodded skeptically. She was doing pretty average. "Avinash ennaku oru help pannuvingla?" She asked. "Nenachen!! Ennadhu?" He asked. "Actually party office la vandhu, oru PR stunt maari neenga villages ah visit pannanum." She dragged. "Edho friend ah dhan vandhen nu sonna maari irrunchu." He dragged. 

"Friend ah dhan Vara sonnen, driver illama, oru long drive!!" "Convoy illama, just uh neenga, naan uh, andha car uh!! Epdi??" She exclaimed. "Idha nalla ennaku enna kedaika pogudhu?" He questioned. "India va suthi patha maari irrukadhu? Inga vandhadhu lirndhu veetlaye vera irrukinga?!!" She exclaimed. "Adhuku nalla, Delhi, Ladakh, Agra, Darjeeling nu engayadhu pogalam, chumma village visit polam nu solra?" He questioned. "Delhi, Agra, Darjeeling nu poradhuku, Namma enna honeymoon ah porom?" She chided.

"Unnaku indha aasa vera irruka?" He inturn teased. "Yov!!" She exclaimed. "Seri nee enkooda vandha, naa nee kupdra oru edathuku varuven!!" She told and he smirked. "Naa enga kooptalum varuviya?" He asked in his bass voice. She nodded as her words got stuck in her throat. "Bedroom ku?" He whispered in her ears and her eyes widened as she turned red. "Yov!!" She exclaimed and hit his chest continuously making him chuckle. "Chumma, chumma sonnen ma!!" He whined and she left him after a strong hit. "Aah valikudhu." He exclaimed and she caressed it muttering a sorry.

"Unnaku sani vaiyla dhan irruku." She commented and he pouted.

"Seri nee solra andha village trip eppo porom?" He asked. "Indha week la dhan." She commented. "Seri appo naliku andha All India Bike Race, Chennai la nadakudhu illa? Adhuku rendu VIP tickets book pannu." He told. "Edhuku?" She asked panicking. "Nee dhana naa koopdra edathuku varuva nu sonna." He told. "En-enaku bike race pudik-pudikadhu." She told stuttering as panic arouse around her. "Ennakum dhan village visits pudikadhu." He told. 'Shalini indha state oda thalai ezhuthu ippo un kaila dha irruku mess up panniradha.' A voice echoed in her head. "Seri book panren." She told and rushed to the office room, that was Mahesh's chamber previously.

She wiped the tears on her eyes. She collapsed on the chair and slowly took out a chain that was lying on her neck. An 'A' engraved on it. Her hands shook as she held it. She kissed it, letting tears fall freely, the cheers of a huge crowd chanting "Meera!! Meera!! Meera!!" Coming to her eyes as she closed them. She opened it back open in a jerk and wiped her eyes hurriedly. "Onnum illa Shalini!! You can do this!!" She told herself and got up, booking tickets for the bike race. 

######

The next day, she got dressed in a casual tshirt and Jean with a Jean jacket as she walked downstairs. She carried a scarf and a cooler in her bag and went to him. He whistled seeing her in that outfit. "Why don't you dress like this everyday?" He asked and she glared in response. "Because naa innaiku unga PA va varala, friend ah dhan varen." She told. "Inime enga ponalum friend ah ve vaa. " He commented and she burned him with her eyes. 'ivan paravaye seriyilla!! Porruki!!' she chided mentally. "Enna mindvoice la thitti mudchachu na kelamblama?" He asked and she facepalmed.

######

Shalini and Avi were lead onto the VIP cabinet. Shalini was extremely uncomfortable. She wore her coolers and held the scarf to her face. "Ippo yen mugamoodi kollaikari maari ukandhutruka?" he asked. "Aahn?!! Thazha ezhuthu!!" She exclaimed. "Coolers potta race epdi olunga teriyum?" He asked. "Unnaku dhana paakanum?!! Paaru!!" She chided. "Unnaku Ellam race pathi enna teriyum? Adha live la paakura adrenaline rush eh thani." He commented. "Sir ku race pathi romba teriyumo?" She asked.

"Aama, race naa romba pudikum, mainly bike race!" He told excitedly. "Ungluku yen bike race pudikum?" She asked, losing herself to the twinkle in his eyes. "Meera." He told smiling and her panic aroused again as she widened her eyes. "Andha ponnu bike otra style eh thani, few years back she quit. Adha mattum panlana she would have been huge. The next big thing." He told somehow equally pained as her. 

"She has never shown her face to the camera, eppovum mask potrupa but andha kannu!!! Damn!!.... Andha kannula edho drug irruku...." He exclaimed. "Ava race otradha en niruthuna nu terila, avaloda ella interviews layum ava evalo passionate ah irrundha nu sonna but.... Apdi thideernu she quit. Adhuku AD nu innoru racer dhan reason nu...." He dragged while Shalini was struggling to hold her tears in.

"Po-podhum." She told. "Andha ponnu quit pannabodhu avalo periya racer illaye!! Aprom yen ungluku avalo pirichirku?" She asked desperately, stiffling in her tears just to hear him talk more. "Adhuva... personal connect,  Adhu vandhu Aruna nu en---" He began but stopped midway and gasped. "Unnaku epdi ava periya racer illa nu teriyum?" He questioned and Shalini's eyes widened. "Ah... Umm .... Adhu... Haan!! Racer shakti vandhu en friend.. Adhan avan pesuvan avangla pathi." She managed. "Shakthi ah unnaku teriyum nu naa nambanum?" He asked. "Aama Avinasheyy!! Sathiyama!!" She exclaimed. "Seri appo vaa poi meet pannitu varalam." He told.

"Huh?" She asked. "Avaru innaiku race panraru, adho andha room la dha irruparu!! Vaa vandhu prove pannu." He told and she widened her eyes. "Avinash--" she began but he pulled her to the room. The gaurd stopped them in their tracks as Avi had a mask on his face. "Enna venum?" The gaurd asked. "Shakti ah paakanum." He told. "Avaru easy ah ellam paaka mudiyadhu." He continued. "Sh-Shalini vandhurken nu sollunga." She told. "Seri wait pannunga." The man told and walked in.

Within a minute a guy rushed to the scene panting. "Thalaivi?" He called with a yearning. "Shakti?" She called back tearing as they shared a hug. "Neenga epdi irrukinga? Paathu evalo naal achu?" He questioned. "Yen kitta kooda touch la irrukama irrundhinga paarunga!!" He told. "Apdi illa da oruthar ta pesi innortharta pesama irruka mudiyadhu illa?" She asked. "Hi bro." Avi intervened. "Sir yaaru Shalu ma? Ninnute tubelight maathuvaru pola?" Shakthi asked and Shalini chuckled.

"Avinash Chakravarty." Shalini told and shakthi's eyes widened. "CM?!!" He exclaimed. "Correction, temporary CM, innum aaru maasam dha." He told and Shakti just chuckled.