Chapter-4-Married?😳

Shalini was working on a file reading it seriously while on a call with someone. On the other hand, Avi was lying on the couch with his shorts and t-shirt, sipping some beer and playing games on his PS. "Yov!! CM eyy!! Sign aachum podu!!" She whined throwing the file on him. "Hey CM ku mariyadhai kudukanum nu unnaku Yaarum solli tharalaya?" He asked irritably. "Aama aana CM naa yenna nu teriyadhavanuku kudukanum nu sollala!!" She told smirking. "Hey adhu chinna vayasula irrundhu London la irrundha naala Tamil konjam varadhu adhu naala confuse aayiduchu." He whined. "Tamil mattum ah varadhu?" She murmured. "Yov sign ah pottu thola!!" She exclaimed. "Ennadi mariyadha koraiyudhu? Fire panna mudiyadhungra thimuru ah?" He asked threateningly. "Aama." She told in a duh tone.

"Hey shortie!! Ennala unna fire dhan panna mudiyadhu, but I can still make you quit!" He again threatened. "Adhayum paklam da vazhandhukettavane!!" She challenged. "What is Vazhandha kettavane?" He asked. "Poi kannadi la paaru!!" She teased. "CM ah ve thappa pesuviya?" He questioned. "Naa extra va thappa edhuvum sollala, irrukuradha dhana sonnen?!" She questioned and his anger reached its peaks. "Hey!! Naanum pathutu eh irruken over ah pesite eh pora!! Unnaku employer ah respect pannanum nu solli tharalaya?" He asked enraged. "Sir but I am afraid respect is earned to begged for!" She replied cockily.

If looks could spit fire, consider Shalini to be burned alive. They were caught glaring at each other when Parthiban entered the room. "Did I invade a personal moment?" He asked. "Illa uncle, sollunga ennachu." She told. "Mahesh oda condition worsen aayitu varudhu, aana ketadhula nalladhu, avaruku consciousness vandhurichu, Avinash thambi ah doctor kooptanga." He told and Avi's face fell. "App--" stops midway and continues "Avaruku onnum illa la?" He asked. "Ellam Kadavul vutta vali thambi." He told and Shalini's eyes moistened. The last time Parthiban uncle told something like this, her dad was in his death bed. 

The ride to the hospital was silent. Rakshan stood by the door and held Avi's shoulders and gave it a squeeze. "Sorry machan, doctor idhuku mela kashtam nu soltaru." Avinash felt empty inside, his vision blurred.

They walked into see the majestic man now in half concious state. "Appa, Avinash vandhutan." Rakshan told and the man seemed confused. He looked at the fully grown man, with a beard. The last time he held his hands, he was a mere teen. "Enna manichiru." Was all he could croak out. Both of them shed tears, expressing years of longing for each other. "Naa unnaku oru nalla appa illa." He confessed. Avinash just held his dad's palm in both of his palms and pressed it to his eyes, which continuously shedded tears while his entire body visibly shivered. "Unnaku nalladhu pannanum nu, onnaku kedaika vendiya paasam, ellathyum eduthuten.... Amma illadha pullaya, naa dhan paathu irrindhirkanum...aana pannala...." He continued. 

"Unnaku kadaisi oru nalladhu pannanum." He voiced out. Avinash pulled back and looked into his eyes. "Unnaku paasam katta--(heavy coughing).." Shalini rushed to him and patted his chest and caressed it. "Sir aprom pesalam rest edunga, engluku enga CM tirumba venum." She told comfortingly oblivious to the fact that he was counting his last minutes. He used his other hand to caress her hair. "Naa pona Aayiram CM varuvanga ma, aana naa poita unga appa ku panna sathiyatha kaapatha yaaru varuva?" He asked. He turned to Avi who had blood shot eyes.

"Ennakaga ivala pathupiya Avinash?" He asked and Shalini widened her eyes. "Avi?" He called, with the nickname he used to call in his childhood. The way they used to play after his work coming upto his eyes. Avi nodded his head hesitantly. "Appo avala kalyanam panniko." He dropped the bomb and Avinash instantly left his dad's hand in shock. "Unga appavoda kadaisi aasai ah idhu pannen pa?" He asked and Shalini's eyes began watering continuously. She couldn't digest what was happening, she wanted to reject this immediately..... She couldn't do it.... After everything that has happened in her life, she couldn't let it happen. 

Mahesh's pulse began dropping and Avi panicked. "Dei sollen da!! Pannikuva nu." Rakshan exclaimed. Avi's hands shivered and lips trembled. "P-p pa-" he began. 'Vena.... solladha da!' Shalini whined mentally but could do nothing in reality. Avinash noticed the pulse dropping rapidly and gasped panicking. "Panren." He confessed. Mahesh smiled contently while Shalini was in a state where she would break into sobs anytime. "Amma illadha paiyan ma, nalla paathuko!" He croaked caressing her hair. "Sir ungluku onnum aagadhu, neengale ennayum avarayum pathukuvinga!!" She told shedding tears uncontrollably.

"Enna? Unga kalyanatha pathutu pora alavuku kadavul en vidhi ah ezhudhula." He told tearing out. "Mahesh apdi pesadha.... Avanga kalyanatha paakanum avlo dhana? Paathutu sandhoshama po!!" Parthiban told garnering the trio and Rakshan's attention. "Raksha, poi oru thaali um konjam kungumam um vangitu vaa. Indha naatu kaga ivalo panna oru manushanoda kadaisi aasai ah Namma neravethi veikanum, illana paavam pudichikum." He told.

Shalini and Avinash were shocked, rather shattered. Shalini's heartbeat was extremely high. Tears filled her eyes continuously. Everytime she closed her eyes, she could only hear the laughter of a man with deep voice making her open her eyes, which inturn caused her eyes to shed more water. It was an endless loop. Rakshan walked in and even Avinash's eyes teared. 

"Ennaku dhan bike otta nalla varume!!".  A voice resonated in his head and his lips quavered as his breathing increased. Parthiban asked the two of them to stand. He passed the metal chain to Avinash who was breathing heavily. He sighed as he was passed the chain. He looked at her tear stricken face, she looked at him with a look that just pleaded for him to stop all that happened, but he was helpless. He looked at his dad whose pulse was extremely low all he could do was pass a smile.

He placed the chain over her head and dropped it such that it fell on her chest encircling her neck. Her sobs couldn't be controlled anymore. She closed her mouth with her palm and squinted her eyes shut as tears continuously flowed down. He took heavy breathings as his head almost spun for a moment. Before he could sink in the feeling of being married, there was a loud beep. Avi's eyes had a moment of immense disappointment. Painstaking for anyone to just watch.