Chapter-66-Santosh's Arrival

Shalini woke up the next day to find Samira missing by her side. She tied her hair into a bun and walked outside to the corridor with an open cieling (mall la Ellam irrukum la?) to find Avi and Samira reading books in the main hall. 'ezhu maniku endhrichu rendu perum book padikranga!!' she thought. 'Adhu valarpu' (turns to a messy sleeping Aadhira. 'Adhuvum valarpu'.... 'Pesama ivalayum ingaye vitrukanumo?' she again thought when the cook passed her a coffee and disrupted her thoughts. "Naa ezhunchuten ungluku epdi teriyum?" Shalini. "Inga irrukambodhu eppovum ezhu manniku endhrichu coffee pottu kudipa la? Adhan pottu eduthutu vandhen." She told and Shalini dived into the coffee.

"Munjiya sirricha maari vechiko, naa enna sonnalum, keela irrundhu paaka Namma sirrichu pesra maari irrukanum." The cook told and she nodded. "Andha Sushmita va jail la potaha teriyuma?" She asked and smiled as if they were talking something jovially. "Teriyum news la paathen." Shalini played on. "Edhuku nu teriyuma?" Cook akka asked. "Blackmail and Kidnap case." Shalini told. "Yaara blackmail panna nu teriyuma?" Cook asked. "Yaara?" Shalini asked back. "Nivi ah!!" She exclaimed. "kidnap vandhu avanga appa va!" "Edhuku nu teriyuma? Unkitta pregnant nu poi solla!!" The cook added and Shalini choked on her coffee. 

"Paathu kudi pulla!!" The cook exclaimed while Shalini passed the glass to the cook and locked her in the washroom before running the shower and washing her tears away. 

######

"Thambi breakfast ready." The cook added. "Aprom Shalini ta palaya kadha ellam solli mudichacha?" Avi asked. "Thambi Naa onnum sollala--" the cook began but surrendered to Avi's glare. "Neenga ellam tirumba serndhu vaazhanum nu ennakum aasa irrukadha?" She asked and wiped her eyes with her saree. "Aana ennaku aasa illa ka." Avi added and Sam's face fell. "Appo indha vacation mudinjadhum avanga tirumba poiduvangla?" Sam asked with puppy eyes. "Badhil sollunga thambi." The cook added.

Avi sighed and knelt down beside Samira. "Mira, unna epdi console panradhu nu ennaku sathiyama terila." Avi confessed. "But life la certain things are constant and certain things aren't. I had to learn this the hard way and I don't want the same for you." Avi told. "What if I want them as constants in my life?" Samira asked and Avi didn't have the answer to the question. He just hugged her tightly. 

The intercom then buzzed, 'Sir yaaro Santosh nu Shalini ma'am ah paaka vandhurkaru." The gaurd told. "Okay, ulla allow pannunga." Avi answered to it and asked a maid to call Shalini. Shalini on the other hand was back after a shower, she changed into a denim shirt and a white Jean, something casual as her meeting was postponed. She knew that spending time with Aadhira would be the only thing that could clear her mind at that point.

She put on her usual smile that covers her insecurities, sorrows and pain before walking downstairs on the call of the maid. Her eyes noticed Santosh and her lips curved upwards genuinely. She knew that she always had his shoulder to remove her brave mask and cry. She rushed to him, almost jogging towards him before engulfing him into a bone crushing hug. Shalini controlled the tears that reached her eyes by the mere thought of the betrayal done to her.

Santosh patted her head. "Aadhu enga?" He asked and she parted the hug. "Naa Ellam mukkiyam illaya unnaku? Eppo paaru Aadhu kutty." Shalini complained. "Ennaku en Aadhu kutty dhan special." He added. "Po da." Shalini added. Santosh turned to Samira. "You must be Samira right?" He asked and she nodded hiding slightly behind Avi. "How did you know I wasn't Aadhira?" She asked. "Adhu idhuve Aadhu va irrundha, Innerthiku (mimics Aadhira's voice) 'Santosheyy' apdinu oru sound vandhirkum." He told. "Santosheyyy!!!!" They heard a voice on the top floor. "Vandhurichu." He added and Samira chuckled.

Aadhu ran towards him and like usual jumped into his hands as he caught her and twirled her around causing giggles. Aadhira then kissed his cheeks and hugged him tightly. "Missed you!!" She exclaimed. "Naanum dhan." He added and pecked her cheek. "Aprom daily college warm up panni boxing practice panra la?" Santosh asked. "Illaye!" She told. "Appo innaiku serndhu panlam " he told and she again turned excited. 

'Ivan dhan summa tirinja pullaiya Lady Jackie Chan aaki vittadha?' Avi thought. He noticed how affectionate and felt a tiny bit hurt. Santosh then turned his attention towards Avi. "Hello." Santosh told and extended his hand after dropping Aadhu down. "Hello." Avi greeted and they shook hands. They each had no clue what to talk to each other so they looked away. "Shalini AD academy polama?" Santosh asked and Shalini looked at Avi who didn't seem to care. "Anga edhuku?" She asked. "Illa Aadhira andha training Ellam epdi irrukum nu paakanum nu sonna la?" He asked.

"Samira, why don't you join us?" Santosh offered. Sam looked at Avi for permission. "Adhellam unga appa permission kuduparu." Santosh added. 'Naa eppo da apdi sonnen?' Avi thought. "Sam, go and come, ellam oru experience dhana?" Avi asked and she nodded. "So cute." Santosh told and pinched her cheeks.

######

Santosh was taking a smoke out in the balcony when  he felt someone pat him from beside. He turned and she pulled the ciggerate off his mouth and crushed it with her heels. Seeing her his mouth remained slightly parted. "Inga ivalo kozhandhanga irrukanga, ipdi dhan smoke pannuvangla?" She asked but Santosh's flirting skills were failing, his mind almost quit searching words noticing her eyes. "Ungla dhan!!" She exclaimed. "I-I I won't do it anymore." He let out and she sighed.

She turned to leave when he asked, "Unga per uh?". "Nivi." She told and his face fell. 'Appi Shalini sonna ponnu ivala?' 'Nee single ah irrukanum nu thatha ezhuthu da Santosh, yaaru maatha mudiyum?' he asked himself mentally watching her leave. Somehow her face wouldn't move away from his thoughts.