Chapter-69-Kadhal Enbathu Polatha Thee Than Maraka Ninathum Nenjodu Nee Than

Me and my bf planning for Valentine's day celebration:

Colleges closed due to Hijab issue:

Me finally like Maanadu SJ Surya : Engayo Mandya la nadandha issue kaga naa yenda college ku pogama irrukanum?

######

Shalini saw the huge framed picture of her. 'Was he not kidding while he said he was going to frame it?' she thought. She noticed several of their pictures placed in smaller frames. Her eyes moistened up seeing them. She walked to the closet and noticed how all of her clothes were still there. Her hands brushed with them. She noticed all her scan reports still inside the closet the way she left them. 

Anbae anbae
En kannil vizhunthaai
Anbae anbae
En nenjil nuzhainthaai
Anbae anbae
En vittu pirinthaai
Anbae anbae
Puyal polae kadanthai

Suddenly, she heard footsteps approaching, she hid in the washroom. Through the gap of the door, she noticed Avi enter the room. He lied flat on the bed and mumbled, 'We have moved on Avi!!'. He picked one of her old shawls and hugged it. "You are not the same person I loved Shalu ma." He told. "Your words are no longer comforting to me." He voiced out. "I didn't feel this distant even when you ran away from me, aana ippo kudave irrundhalum, it feels unsettling." He told himself. "Ennala move on um aaga mudila.... Unkooda serndhu vaazhanum nu ennaku thonala..... Aana nee ippo varaikum enna trust panla la?" He asked himself.

Kaadhal enbathu pollaatha
Thee thaan
Marakka ninaithum nenjodu
Nee thaan

Kangal muzhuthum
Nee vantha kanavu
Vidinthaalum mudiyathedi

A drop of tear escaped his eyes, while tears flowed from her eyes uncontrollably. Her back hit the wall as she covered her mouth with her hand and teared. 

######

The next day, Shalini looked tired and had dark circles around her eyes, thanks to the sleepless nights. It was the day of the conference. She covered her dark circles with make up but nothing could cover her dull face. "Ma, ennachu?" Aadhu asked. "Onnum illa, new place la adhan thookam varala. Nee chamatha Sam kooda velantu, yaarkum tholla kudikama good girl ah irrukanum." Shalini told. "Okay take care." Aadhira told and Shalini kissed her cheek.

Shalini was in the room, going through several documents in the last time when Aadhira slipped downstairs. She noticed Avi kissing Sam's cheeks while bidding bye. Avi noticed a nervous Aadhira. "Ennachu?" He asked. "Adhu.... Sorry!" She told and Avi was startled. He went on his knees beside her. "Edhuku sorry?" He asked. "Adhu nethu neenga avalo kenjuna appo .. I didn't--" she began when he hugged her. "It's okay, enkitta dhana kochikita?" He asked cooly and Aadhira only felt guiltier. Once the hug parted, she tapped his shoulder appreciatively, "Paravalla, okay va dhan samaikra!!" She added in a superior tone pretty similar to Shalini making Avi chuckle. "Romba thanks madam." He added. "Enna salt dhan konjam pathala, mathapadi oru good effort." She told and Sam chuckled.

He was elated to be sharing a moment with his girls when his ears were blasted with, "Santosheyyy!!!". Aadhira again rushed towards him and jumped into his arms. Avi scrunched his eyes at Santosh, 'Apdi enkitta illadhadhu Avan kitta enna irruku?' he thought. "Hello sir." Santosh told. "Mm, hello." Avi added. "Avanga enga?" Santosh asked. "Shalini mela irruka." Avi told. "Illa na naa Nivi ah ketten." Santosh told. "Nivi ah pathi unnaku edhuku?" Avi asked. "Illanga, general ah oru general knowledge kaga." He answered. "Ava, ava veetuku kelambita." Avi told. "Appo avanga Inga irruka maatangla?" He questioned and Avi was judging Santosh. "Why are you so curious?" Sam asked. "Illa oru general knowledge--" he began but quickly diverted the topic as both Aadhu and Avi glared at him. "Shalini vandhuta naanga kelambrom." He announced.

"Mrs.Fletcher, Shaira, Katherine, Manasa, Jackie, Tessa, Marge... Ippo indha list la Nivi aunty ah?" Aadhu questioned. 'Enna grocery list maari pogudhu?' Avi thought. "Cha!! Cha!! Avala ellam manushan love pannuvana? Chumma edhachu pesikitu--" Santosh dragged and turned only to gasp finding Nivi. "Naa apdi sollala nga adhu--" he began but she raised her hand like '✋' Kushi Jyotika. "Idhukagave commit aagi kaatren da!!" She challenged and walked inside to her usual staying room to pick up the phone she missed there. "Seri en Vela Inga over." Aadhu added and pulled Sam upstairs to play, "Nee vaa Sam Namma andha pakkam poi veladlam." She added. 'Adhan en vazhakailiye veladitingle di!' Santosh thought but could only silently walk away.

######

Avi was coming out from a government school after inspecting the quality when he noticed a man trying to misbehave with a woman, he walked closer to find it was Shalini. She was struggling in his grip with tears trembling down her eyes. He was about to go towards that guy in rage when she pushed the guy and yelled, "Santosh!!!". Avi stopped in his tracks when he saw Santosh rush to the situation and punched that guy black and blue. 

Unnudan nan vazhntha
Nodigalae pothum
Jenmam eederumae
Un viral tharukindra
Veppangalai ninaithaal
Nenjil vali koodumae...

Avi had a moment of realisation of how much he had moved away from Aadhu and Shalini and how much Santosh had filled in that spot. He just walked away knowing that Shalini had moved on from him and had grown quite distant from him during these years.

Anbae anbae
En kannil vizhunthaai
Anbae anbae
En nenjil nuzhainthaai
Anbae anbae
En vittu pirinthaai
Anbae anbae
Puyal polae kadanthai

######

"Shalini okay va?" Santosh asked and she nodded. "Vaa poi oru police complaint kuduthutu varlam." Santosh added. What the duo were oblivious of was that the guy who was just beaten by Santosh was Ganesh's only son. "Nee azhadha Shalini, you are not at fault." Santosh added as he dragged that bastard by his collar. "Shalini you have to set an example for Aadhira." He told and Shalini wiped her tears. Santosh stopped dragging him and pushed him infront of Shalini. "Adi Shalini Ivana." He told. "Naa epdi?" She asked. "He tried to harass you, adi avana." Santosh yelled.

"Enga appa yaaru nu teriyuma?" He asked but was landed with Shalini's tight slap. "Teriyadhu. Adhuku enna ippo?" She asked and slapped him again. 

######

The next moment Ganesh's son was pushed into the police station and a complaint was filed on him angering his father.