Chapter-20-Guilt

The next day, Shalini woke up to the smell of coffee find only to find Avi reading a book in her room, looking almost angelic in his white shirt. "Avinash??" She called. "Enchitiya ma? Seri pakkathula irruka coffee ah kudi." He told. "Idhu kanava illa nenava? Neenga eppovume madhiyana veyil mandai polakambodhu dhana endhripinga? Ippo enna kalailaye? Adhuvum yen room ku ellam vandhurkinga?" She asked. "Yen? Naa vara koodadha?" He asked in his bass voice and Shalini was taken aback. "Apdi ellam illa...." She dragged. "Appo kudi." He told making her nod still confused whether it was a dream or reality.

She chose her dress to move to the shower. "Help venuma?" He offered. "Yedhey?" She asked. "Dress select panna ma!!" He exclaimed making her nod, still confused by his actions. "Innaiku aal oru margama dhan ya irrukan." She murmured as she walked in the washroom while he watched her get in awkwardly. "Latch potuko, illana bore adicha ulla varuven." He told. "Bore adicha ulla varuviya?!!" She exclaimed making him wink chuckling to her expression.

Shalini then consciously locked the door with increased heart rate. She tried to shrug of his thoughts and undressed, "Ivan eppovume ipdi dhana illa ammavasai pouranami ku mattum ipdi aayiruvana?" She asked herself in shock. She then sighed and tried to remove her shirt off closing her eyes when a random thought of him hugging her from behind crossed her mind. She gasped causing the shower to run, drenching her and him (imagination)

He traced his warm lips from her jaw, into her neck and onto her shoulders. She was shuddering to it. She then turned the shower off and snapped out from that thought panting. "Chi!! Enna yosikara Shalini?!!!" She exclaimed at herself and continued to shower blushing and scrutinizing herself for it. She changed back into her monotonous kurti, drying her hair with a towel to find him standing with breakfast. "Ennadhu?" She asked. "Mushroom pasta and blueberry pie." He told. "Neenga panningala?" She asked surprised. "Yen naa panna sapda maatiya?" He asked. "Adhu illa, neenga yen ipdi vidhyasama nadanthukringa?" She questioned. 'Guilt' Avi's mind chimed the obvious answer, guilt that he forgot what he thought was something he should have remembered. 

"Inime ipdi dhan." He announced. "Oh seri Anga vechirunga, naa hair dry pantu eduthkren." She told. "Naa help panren." He offered and made her sit on the couch, beside which the power outlet was and connected the dryer. "Hayyo Avinasheyy, neenga yen idhellam panringa?" She questioned trying to get up when he pressed her down into the couch. "Sshh!! Naa dhan panren nu solten la?" He asked and she nodded still confused. "Eduthu sapdu." He told and she picked it up. "Neenga saptingla?" She asked. "Mmhm, sapten." He answered spreading her hair as he switched on the dryer. 

He dried her hair carefully and gently, yet more efficient than she could ever do it. Avi was being hit by her floral shampoo which was leaning towards lavender. Finding himself drowning into it. Once her hair was dry, he began combing it. "Avinash naa paathukren vidunga." She told. "Naa try panrene?" He whined and she nodded. She noticed how expertly took out all the frizz without hurting her one bit, compared to herself. She then asked, "Neenga epdi Avinasheyy idhellam ivalo nalla panringa? Doctor Aruna semma training kuduthurkanga polaye!!" She teased causing him to tug her harshly. "Aah!!" She whined. "Idhellam own skills ma!!" He exclaimed. "Aana indha skills Ellam vechu enna prayojanam? Neenga enna long hair valaka poringla?" She questioned.

"Yen? Ippo use aagalaya?" He questioned back. "Oh apdi?!!" She exclaimed making him chuckle. "Aama enna shampoo ma use panra?... semma smell!!" He commented innocently and walked away making her blood rush to her cheeks. 

######

They were in Mahesh's chamber later that evening, when she was going through some files. "Shalini?" He called. "Andha ****** file enga?" He asked rummaging his desk while she looked around the room, spotting it on the couch. "Inga dhan irruku Avinasheyy!!" She exclaimed and brought it towards him. "Thanks!!" He exclaimed and pecked her cheek making her blush. Seeing her frozen in place, he smirked. "Ennachu ma?" He asked. She looked at him like, 'Paaru Paaru edhuvume teriyadha maari Kekran paaru?' "Onnum illa Avinash." She mumbled and walked away while he chuckled embarassing her further.

She was browsing files when she found him gazing at her, resting his head on his hand. His gaze was sending butterflies to her. "Avinasheyy!! Enna pathutrikinga?" She questioned. "Yen azhagana wife ah!!" He told winking making her gasp. "Ungluku pei edhachum pudichircha?" She questioned. "Unna neeye pei nu sollikadha." He teased and she sighed to it. "Yenna dhan aachu CM ungluku?" She questioned. "Edhuvum teriyadha maari kekura? KD fellow!!" He teased and she was confused. 

######

"Machan, Thangam ippo Ellam okay va?" Rakshan beamed as soon as he entered the chamber, breaking the moment. "Enna okay va?" Shalini questioned and Avi eyed him to shut up causing Rakshan to gulp. "Idhu, nalla irrukingala nu ketten?" He questioned. "Madhiyanam dhana paathom?" She again asked confused. "Adhu madhiyanam, ippo saayangalam.... Adhukulla edhachu aayirkumo nu..." He dragged. "Saayangalam kulla enna aayidum?" She whined. "Ippo ennaku thala valikudhu eh, madhiyam illa aana ippo irruku andha maari dhan ...." He managed. "Thala vazhikudhu ah?" She questioned. "Aama ma, un kaila oru coffee potu eduthutu vaayen." Rakshan told. "Seri na, romba Vela paakadhinga." She told and walked out.

Once Rakshan heard the door close, he immediately asked, "Dei nee yen da innum divorce la interest illa nu innum sollala?". "Adhuku thevaye illa da." Avi told confusing Rakshan. "Yen?" Rakshan asked. "Adhu naa anniku kudichutu...." Avi dragged. "Kudichutu......????" Rakshan questioned worried. "Adhan da .... Naa ava room la dhan enchen, shirtless....." He confessed. "Ada paavi!!" Rakshan exclaimed. "Indha poonayum paal kudikuma nu paathen aana nee beer eh adichirkiye da?!!" He exclaimed. "Aana beer adichadhu nyabagam illaye da!!" Avi whined.

"Ennaku guilty ah irruku da, ennaku suthama nyabagam illa." He whined. "Ava kannu ah pathale oru maari hurting ah irruku, she is innocent da.... I don't think that I am acting up correctly. Ava enna trust panra da.... Ivalo trust ku naa deserving ah nu kuda ennaku terila." He told. "Ennaku enna solradhu ne terila." Rakshan confessed while Shalini who entered the room with a flask full of coffee was surprised. Her eyes were wide open when she stood frozen in the entrance.