A New Trap

'I was getting negative vibes from Rohan. I knew he was lying and keeping things from me for many days.'

'The other day I found some hairs entangled in my hairbrush in his car, and the very next day I found a foreign stole in our mansion we built to stay in post-marital. He said it belonged to her mother, but I didn't buy it. His mother only uses designer stuff, and a cultured and sophisticated woman like her will never use another's hairbrush.'

'He was getting busy with his phone more often and tried not to let me hear his conversations.'

'A few days back, I saw a stain on his white shirt, which he excused as paint, but I knew it was the stain of lipstick that Rashmi was wearing that morning.'

'Sometimes I feel I took so long to see the true face of him when everything was going on under my nose. Why did I ignore all the red flags?

Tejasswi's miserable thoughts were broken by the beep of her phone, and a text popped up.

'Have you reached safely?'

Tejasswi looked at the unknown text with a frown and ignored it. She was emotionally depressed and not in the mood to communicate with anyone.

'???'

Another text popped up.

'Who is this?' Tejasswi finally edited a text.

'Your husband.'

'My husband?' Tejasswi thought. She was on an emotional ride after the betrayal of her ex and forgot that she got married just an hour ago.

'Save my number now.'

He sounded authoritative.

Tejasswi realized she had offended Karan Kundrra.

I'm sorry, I was... Tejasswi was editing an explanation with an apology when another text arrived.

'Move on from the past and look at your present. Be loyal to me and don't think about anyone else.

This was more like an order coated with jealousy and his monopoly.

Tejasswi deleted the last few words and only sent the text of an apology.

She sighed when she didn't get a reply, but the next moment, the constant sound of the doorbell jerked her. She opened the door, and an impatient Aneri dashed in.

"Ahh, Teju I was hella-worried for you the entire night, but you changed the passcode of the door; they are guilty, right?" Aneri hugged Tejasswi and rubbed her back considerately.

Tejasswi was overwhelmed by Aneri's concern. She has been not only her manager for the past 5 years but also her best friend, and right now Aneri is the only one in the world she can rely on.

She departed the hug, switched on the conversation she recorded last night, tossed the phone to Aneri, and sat on the couch, followed by Aneri, while listening to the recording.

"My gosh, what a despicable, lousy scumbag! They both are and are going to bring another scum into the world.

Aneri was bursting with anger but was cut off by Tejasswi.

"Aneri, please don't use such harsh words for an unborn child."

Aneri sighed. "You can't be lenient to this asshole again."

"Of course not; I started with my plan to take revenge on him." Tejasswi said this with deep resentment for Rohan and Rashmi.

"What plan?" Aneri frowned. She is worried that Tejasswi will make a reckless move.

Tejasswi's phone rang at the call of Rohan, who interrupted their conversation. Before Tejasswi, Aneri pushed the green button and put the call on speaker.

"Tejasswi, how could you be so inconsiderate?" Rohan yelled.

Look who is talking. Tejasswi and Aneri looked at each other.

"What did I do?"

"Because of you and your so-called bachelor party, Rashmi landed in deep trouble."

"But, how......."

"Stop talking back and show up at my place right away." Rohan cut her off and disconnected the call after ordering her rudely.

"What does he mean by this?"

Aneri was fuming at his tone and pitch.

"Let's see......." 

Tejasswi shrugged her shoulders and stood up, taking her shoulder bag and phone. Aneri reluctantly drove her to Rohan's mansion.

"Why don't you confront them? You even have evidence against them." Aneri asked after parking the car.

"I want to see what he was up to by cheating on me. I wanted to know whether he fell out of love with me or never loved me and was just using me. In every circumstance, they both need to pay me back tenfold. Just wait for the right time." Tejasswi said with cold red eyes and hoped out of the car.

She frowned at the scene in front of her. Rashmi was lying on the bed in Rohan's bedroom, and he was sitting on the same bed by her side. This is the height of impudence.

She was trying hard not to be bothered, but it's not as easy as she imagined. Somehow she suppressed her emotions and concealed her disappointment by pulling a cold and aloof face.

"What was that for?" Tejasswi raised her eyebrows at Rohan.

"She had an unsuccessful attempt at suicide, just because of you. I rescued her at the nick of time, thanks to heaven."

That's so brave of you. Tejasswi rolled her eyes. "How am I accountable?"

"She had a meeting with her main model in the morning, but she had a bad hangover after being drunk at your party and couldn't make it." Rohan spoke in a harsh tone.

Tejasswi looked at Rohan and Rashmi alternately.

'What a despicable liar and a pair of cunning people, making me loathe them more.'

"You should apologize to her and help her." Rohan spoke authoritatively.

'Ahh, what a shrewd bastard! Has he ever loved me, or was I too blinded to see the real him?'

'He cheated on me, called off the wedding, and has no sign of remorse on his face.'

"Apologize for what? Wasn't I the one who is owed an apology?" Tejasswi refuted being annoyed by their drama.

Rohan was surprised by Tejasswi's tone. She was always a pushover, never talking back in a harsh tone.

'She is upset with me for not making it to the wedding. I have to coax her first.' Rohan thought.

"Of course, Tejasswi, and I apologize to you on behalf of Rohan. To be truthful, he couldn't make it to civil affairs because of me." Rashmi spoke hurriedly to pacify Tejasswi.

She wanted Tejasswi to walk on the ramp to present her designed outfits in the designer contest; that's why she set the entire trap. She can't afford to offend her.

"But please help me, dear; you are my last resort. Please be my model for the designer contest." Rashmi said fawningly.

'What, walk on the ramp as a model?' Tejasswi was taken aback. This can harm her image and career in the industry.

"Of course she will, right, baby?" Rohan said this immediately before Tejasswi could refuse and embrace her.

"Please do it for us, for our company. And I am sorry for scolding you. I was upset. Rashmi is the leading designer of my fashion house, and I can't afford to lose her."

Tejasswi knew Rashmi could have an ulterior motive for making her do this. It can be a trap, but she has no way to escape with Rohan involved.

Either do this to continue good relations with them and plan revenge, or forget everything and move on.

'No, I will go with this, but I will not let them use me again. I will use them.'

"Fine, I will do this." Tejasswi said and pushed his hand from her shoulder.

"Perfect decision; I will text you the details and be there on time. Let me send you off." Rohan put his hand on her shoulder and walked out.

Rashmi's lips curled into an evil smirk, and she dialed a number.

"I did everything as you said. Killed two birds with one stone. She couldn't register her marriage, and soon she will lose her face in the industry."