Love Amidst Chaos

"I beg you, please, be mindful of your words about my baby," Tejasswi choked out, tears cascading down her cheeks as she held the infant close as she sank onto the couch.

In a swift motion, Karan hurried to Tejasswi, pulling her into a protective embrace and offering solace through gentle pats on her shoulder, while a concerned crowd formed around them.

"I sincerely apologize, ma'am, if I inadvertently caused you distress. My sole intention was to find the most effective solution for your issue, regardless of the approach," Vicky pleaded.

"The heartbreak of losing a child is unimaginable. I lived through it once, and I can't imagine enduring it again," Tejasswi said, her voice filled with sorrow and sobs.

Shock rippled through the room as they heard her speak. The hazy recollections of the day she experienced a miscarriage swirled in their minds, but none had any inkling of her pregnancy, let alone a connection with the unborn child. Today marked the first time they truly grasped the depth of Tejasswi's pain as a mother who had lost her baby.

"Teju, please grasp that this is about our daughter's well-being. Don't allow past pain to cloud our present."

Karan put all his heart into trying to convince Tejasswi, but she remained unmoved, her emotions only intensifying.

"Please, Karan, refrain from employing any tactics. I cannot bear to listen to such things about my child," Tejasswi said with unwavering determination.

Her determination to steer clear of any mention of death surprised everyone. A look of acknowledgment passed through the group, followed by a collective sigh.

Karan motioned for everyone to give them some privacy; he assured them he would handle the situation.

Bidding farewell with a polite bow, Vicky made his way out of the house, signifying using sign language that he would converse with Karan over the phone.

Anjana made an attempt to take the baby from Tejasswi, who clung to the infant protectively. Karan gestured for Anjana to back off and then cast a sharp glance at the servants, indicating they should promptly leave the room.

After the living room had cleared out, Karan turned to Tejasswi, opened his arms, and gently inquired, "May I hold my little angel?"

Tejasswi met Karan's outstretched arms and pleading expression, granting him permission to take the baby.

"Teju, she's our little one, not Rashmi's, right?" Karan said with a smile as he played with the baby, who was cooing and gazing at him with those precious eyes.

"Indeed, she is our cherished daughter," Tejasswi affirmed, letting her guard down and reveling in the myriad of expressions the baby displayed within a minute.

"Teju, wouldn't it be reasonable to circulate a false rumor about Rashmi's baby to shield our angel? To guarantee our precious one enjoys a lengthy, healthy, and blissful life, let's use a little white lie. I'm confident that if Rashmi were here, she'd be willing to go to great lengths to protect her child from a monster like Rohan Kapoor."

The utterance of Rohan's name brought a stark realization to Tejasswi: she, too, would go to great lengths to safeguard her daughter. It was a sobering moment, as she recognized that her earlier emotional outburst had been a display of immaturity.

"Karan, I've grasped the intentions behind your actions, and I'm sorry for reacting so impulsively without cause. It seems I became overly protective."

"Don't be too hard on yourself, my love. You weren't being overly protective; you were being a perfect, strong mother. Keep it up for our baby," Karan said, showing his support.