The Interview

'Karan, you could trust your wife and ignore her nasty pictures, but your family will not. I have done my part; let's see how you deal with the situation and coax your freaked-out family.'

Karan rubbed his forehead, seeing all the family members looking at him tentatively.

"This isn't Tejasswi, right, Karan? Sanjay asked first, with some hope.

"She is Tejasswi, but... Karan replied truthfully, but was cut off by Kunal.

"Oh, she must be acting. Somebody pranked us by sending the click of her movie scene, right?" Kunal said this and looked at Karan.

Karan nodded his head.

"No?"

"No, it's not. He is Rohan Kapoor, her ex."

Karan was again cut off by Sanjay.

"I see, it's an old picture with an ex; let's slide the matter then. Everybody has their past."

The entire family looked at each other, nodded their heads, and sighed.

"But grandpa......." Karan was spilling the beans, but Sanjay didn't let him talk.

"Karan, find out who the hell is trying to sow discord in the family with these useless things." Sanjay ordered a bit sternly.

"Sanjay is right, Karan," Anjana said.

'Right, I need to find out the master mind first, because Rohan or Rashmi can't dare mess up if they know me.'

Karan thought about it and made a call to Vicky.

"If my memory serves me right, she was donning the same mauve-colored sleeveless outfit back in the hospital, wasn't she?" Sudha said while looking at the zoomed-in picture from every angle.

Sanjay squinted his eyes. "Do you think I turned too old with weak eyesight to notice these details? The more I tried to bury the matter, you were hell-bound to dig it." He mumbled to Karan.

"Is that so? Anjana raised her eyebrows at Sanjay.

"Perhaps I don't remember."

"Of course it's the same, mom. The same crocodile-skin, brown-colored, long-sling Hermes bag and Louis Vuitton sandals. I appreciated her classy taste inwardly."

'Jeez, why on earth are these women too much into brands and class?'

"It can be a coincidence. Sanjay tried again to get rid of the trouble, but Sudha was too witty.

"Even her hair style was the same."

Silence prevailed in the room. Sanjay was still trying to cook up any random story, but Karan stopped him.

"Grandpa, please don't do this." Karan said it in baritone.

"Yes, she is Tejasswi. The picture was taken in the morning in the basement 5 of St. Laurens Hospital, which has no security cameras. I couldn't find out who's daring enough to stalk my wife." Karan said this and gave a sharp, meaningful gaze to Kunal.

Kunal sighed. "Bro, B5 is under maintenance and has no power supply. He made an excuse but got another sharp glare.

"Then how come it was trespassed? You must work on the security of your hospital." Karan said this and walked to the TV lounge, followed by Kunal.

"My bad, I will work on it for sure."

"Karan, you can't walk out like this; come back and answer us first. Rajesh yelled.

"Answer what?" Karan retorted carelessly while switching on the TV.

He checked his wrist watch and switched to the news channel.