Reckoning with Betrayal

As the Kundrra family bid their farewell, a profound quiet blanketed Tejasswi's hospital space.

"Isn't the Kundrra family too nice?" Aneri said.

"Certainly they do. Grandma used to whip up nourishing meals for me even back  then..." Tejasswi's reminiscing was abruptly halted by the sound of her ringing phone.

She widens her eyes, seeing 'Do Not Pick' Rashmi's number flashing after so long.

"Yes." Tejasswi still didn't forgive her and was not interested in her snobbish rambling.

"I'm well aware, Tejasswi, that you put good words for me before Rohan's parents, leading to Rohan's return to India a few days ago. I won't be offering my thanks for this." Rashmi said it with her usual attituduous element.

"I don't even expect, so better cut chase." Tejasswi retorted with the same temperament.

Aneri frowned while listening to Tejasswi's rude words and raised her eyebrows to ask who was on the other side.
Tejasswi showed her mobile screen to let her know the name of the caller.

"I'm reaching out to tell you that I've tied the knot with Rohan, and we'll be moving out shortly," Rashmi said with pride.

In the midst of the conversation with Rashmi, Tejasswi was interrupted by Sudha's return.

"Tejasswi, I'm sorry to bother you, but I forgot my bag here." She scanned the room and found it on the couch.

"Ah, here it is! Thanks, and have a great day," Sudha said as she swiftly grabbed up her bag and left.

"Tejasswi, who was she?" Rashmi asked hurriedly.

"Why, what's wrong?"
Tejasswi still doesn't trust Rashmi to introduce her to Karan's family.

"Though it's hard for you to believe me, Tejasswi, there was a woman who wanted to destroy you and offered me handsomely to act under her. I guess I heard her voice just now."

Tejasswi was struck dumb. Even though Karan had mentioned a hidden adversary linked to Rashmi, she could never have imagined, even in her wildest dreams, that it would turn out to be his own mother, Sudha Kundrra.

"Stop spitting nonsense. Rashmi, do you even know who she is? Even after going through so much hardship, you're still a troublemaker." Tejasswi scolded Rashmi, snorting in anger.

Aneri's eyes widened in astonishment as Tejasswi's sudden outburst reached her ears. She gestured for Tejasswi to hand over the phone, but Tejasswi responded with a resolute nod.

"Curse me as you want, but the facts will remain unchanged. Tejasswi, despite not being acquainted with the high-profile individual near you, I can easily recognize that sharp tone and unique way of speaking. I've had many conversations with her."

Tejasswi felt the certainty in Rashmi's tone, yet she couldn't wrap her mind around the possibility that the perpetrator could be Karan's mother.

"I regret taking your call. I don't anticipate any positive outcome from this," Tejasswi chided.

"I reached out to tell you that your efforts have yielded results, but perhaps I shouldn't have. Tejasswi, I've shared what I know, so it's your choice to trust me or not," Rashmi said before concluding the call.

Tejasswi slammed her phone on the side table with a grumpy face and cursed Rashmi underbreath.

"Tejasswi, take a breath. Rashmi's just green with envy; don't let it get under your skin," Aneri said while unscrewing the flask lid.

"Enjoy this wholesome soup." She served a cup and passed it to Tejasswi.

Ronny speedily picked up on Sudha's dialect and hastily remarked, "Yes, boss, it's her, with that same way of delivering speech."