The Pursuit of Clues

"Raju, you asshole jerk, I specifically instructed you to handle this discreetly outdoors. How on earth could you be so thoughtless and inept as to lead him to Kundrra  Mansion?"The woman berated her accomplice.

"Enough with the shouting; I'm not to blame here. You're the one who brought him on board. I cautioned him against breaking into the mansion, but he insisted his source was credible." Raju's voice was strained with frustration, fed up with her domineering attitude.

Frustration boiled over as they found themselves in another failure, leading to a heated exchange of accusations.

"Trustworthy source, my ass. That bastard didn't even avoid the security cameras and boldly caught the light. Just get rid of him."

"It's done already, and Kitty, don't complicit randomly; it's peril."

Hearing her old name on the man's lips triggered a rush of bitter emotions tied to her history.

"Don't call me that, you odious parasite. That's not my name anymore; dare do this again, and I will cut off your limbs."

Those were the old days when she was called Kitty by many lecherous people. Now she hates it.

"Hey, you whore, dare you threaten me again? I am no longer at your mercy. Push me too far, and I'll make you work alongside me just like the old days. Understand?" Raju reprimanded her, clearly frustrated with her behavior.

They both belong to the same slum, but she moved to the richest neighborhood, and he was locked in prison. Which felt sore to him.

"Rascal, are you high or what? Did you forget who I am  to..."

"Shut the fu*k up, you bitch." Raju hung up the call.

"Fu*king psycho, lecherous, how dare you look down on me?" Kitty cursed Raju while gazing at the phone, then dialed another number.

"Darn, this Karan is a real headache. He's shut down all updates about Tejasswi. Even Kundrra family is in the dark about whether she's gone or not."

Kitty blabbered while trying to contact all her sources to learn about Tejasswi.

"What, a suicide?"

Karan was exasperated by their repeated failure to catch the criminal.

"Yes, he hung himself with a suicide note in his hand, confessing his exploits against Miss Sharma. He declared himself a former employee of Rohan Kapoor and explained that he acted in a fit of rage after witnessing Kapoor's ruin." The officer, Paul, said.

Karan pinched between his eyes and said, "What a bummer. Turns out, a Rohan employee had information about Miss Sharma's car at Kundrra mansion."

"Maybe he was keeping tabs on her," Mr. Paul said. "We'll draw a conclusion once we've conducted a thorough investigation."

"I want to see the suicide note. I'll be there."

Karan dialed Aneri, instructing her to stay with Tejasswi until his return, then swiftly exited the hospital.

He walked into the old, shabby house and scanned the crime scene. Within a minute, his hawkish gaze caught the evidence and said, "It's not suicide but homicide."

"What?" The chief officer, Paul, who stood next to him, was taken aback. "How can you be so certain?"

"Mr. Kundrra is the right chief." The investigating officer, Gaurav Verma, said, "The stool used to climb the noose is steady, arousing suspicion."

"Right."

Karan and Officer Verma were on the same page.

"What about finger prints?" Karan asked officer Verma.