Smell A Rat

A few minutes later, Tejasswi and Karan called it a night, she kept the phone, and she crashed, even when Shamita was trying to talk to her.

"Ahh, she slept too fast; what a wasteful moment." Shamita mumbled to herself and closed her eyes.

The next morning, Tejasswi dolled up in a baby pink silk blouse and a red pencil skirt and tied her hair in a high ponytail with simple yet exquisite formal jewelry.

She was doing touch-ups when Karan walked out of the dressing room donning a navy blue tux and gently slid his arms around her waist, taking her in a back hug.

Tejasswi pouted. "Karan, let go of me; you will ruin my makeup."

"So be it; your bare face looks much prettier." Karan said and pecked her right cheek.

"Jeez, it's cringey." Tejasswi pushed him away and got done with her makeup again.

"What made you romantic early in the morning?"

"I am seizing the time I have with you; otherwise,  I couldn't even romance with my wife." Karan looked himself in the mirror and fixed the necktie.

"Oh, it will not be forever." Tejasswi said lovingly, adding a tie pin to his necktie.

"How's that?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Perfect......." Karan said and again slid his arm around her waist, pulling her closer.

"Ouch, Karan, we are getting late."

Tejasswi punched him on his chest with her small fist.

"We still have time in hand." Karan said after taking a glance at his wrist watch.

"No, I have to drop by the hospital."

"I see......" 

Karan let go of her. She picked up her coat and bag, and they both walked out of the room together.

"You seem to care too much about Mrs. Arora; visit her daily." Karan asked casually.

"If she were my biological mom, wouldn't I do the same for her?"

Tejasswi's answer made Karan speechless. He just nodded.

They both climbed down the stairs hand in hand, striding to the dining room, when Sudha called them from behind. "Tejasswi, Karan......."

They both turned around to see Sudha, Shamita, and her nurse pushing her wheelchair.

"Yes......" Karan raised his eyebrows.

"Ann, actually it wasn't intentional, but I happened to overhear your conversation, about Tejasswi is going to St. Laurens Hospital." Sudha said with a fake sheepish smile.

"So.....?"

"Can you take Shami along with you for me, please? She has her checkup, but her chauffer is running late, and I have something important to deal with."

'Are all the staff of the Kundrra family on strike? Why does my wife have to do everything?'

Karan wanted to retort, but before even he could utter a word, Tejasswi squeezed his hand.

"Sure, I will do that, but later I have work to take care of, so I can't send her back home." Tejasswi said it straightforwardly.

"It's fine. Just send her to the hospital; I will arrange a trip back home."

A few minutes later, all were eating breakfast together except for Kunal, in silence, which was broken by Sanjay.
"I have an important announcement..."