Close By Culprit

The mansion was filled with the sound of Shamita's piercing scream.

In haste, the entire family gathered in the living hall, where they found Shamita on the last step, a smear of blood on her forehead.

"Oh, my daughter, are you alright?" Sudha screamed.

"Mom, seriously, does she seem okay to you?" Kunal exclaimed, as he and Karan assisted Shamita to her room.

"Send her to the hospital," Anjana said.

"No, I'll be taking care of her at home," Shivangi firmly stated before entering Shamita's room.

Shivangi and Kunal proceeded side by side to the living hall after tending to Shamita's injury, where everyone awaited them.

"How's Shami?" Sudha asked desperately.

"There are no grave injuries, but her damaged leg is in a pretty bad state. She'll have to remain bedridden for a week," Kunal reported.

"Karan and Tejasswi, join me in my study in an hour," Sanjay instructed, then stood and walked off.

A somber atmosphere settled over them as they all stood up, preparing to retire to their respective rooms, except for Tejasswi.

She marched and burst into Shamita's room. Shamita was flipping through the magazine and jumped at the sound of the slammed door.

"Tejasswi, what the heck was that?"

"Why did you tumble down the stairs just as Grandpa announced the date for my wedding party?" Tejasswi demanded in a furious tone.

"What was that question about, Tejasswi? What do you want to know? Besides, why are you sounding  cynical?" Shamita asked with a frown.

Tejasswi rolled her eyes. "Such a convincing act, Shamita. You should be in line for an award. It might deceive anyone, but not me anymore."

In the end, Tejasswi's demeanor turned sour. She snapped her fingers and issued a stern warning, wagging her forefinger.

"Tejasswi, seriously, I am not getting it. How did I offend you?"

"Shamita, your mask is stripped off, so better level up with me. You still have feelings for Karan and can't see us together; that's why you're pulling all these silly things. You're so vicious that you harmed yourself, isn't it?"
Tejasswi was snorting.

"Tejasswi, you've completely lost it, I may be many things, but I'm not a psychopath who inflicts harm on myself to pull down others," Shamita stated resolutely. "It's a tough pill to swallow, but the reality is that someone pushed me."

Tejasswi could detect the sincerity in her expression, yet she didn't let it sway her, realizing she had honed her acting skills.

"I've grown wise to your tricks, and I'm advising you not to attempt to manipulate me or Karan. Otherwise, you'll face a side of me you'd rather not encounter."

Tejasswi stormed out, slamming the door behind and, oblivious that someone was eavesdropping on their conversation.

She marched to her room to locate Karan and relayed her conversation with Shamita.

"No wrongdoer readily admits to their actions, and the harsh truth is that we're powerless without solid evidence," Karan said it with grievance.

"Don't fret, I'll get to the bottom of this," Karan comforted Tejasswi, and they proceeded to Sanjay's study.

"Karan, it seemed like things wouldn't go as I planned; perhaps God has a separate plan." Sanjay said it with a heavy heart and a melancholy face.

Karan and Tejasswi exchanged glances, then turned their gaze to Sanjay, feeling a sense of sorrow for him. The once lively figure in the family now appeared drained.

Fateful ContractOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara