Storm Rages

Miscarriage?

Karan was left in disbelief. The news of her pregnancy and subsequent miscarriage hit him like a bolt from the blue, leaving him stunned.

The paramedic van drove Tejasswi to St. Laurens Hospital. Throughout, Karan sat, tenderly holding her hand in his grasp, never leaving her side, and accompanying her to the emergency room. He reluctantly released her hand at the ER entrance, aching inside.

"Where's Tejasswi? How's she doing? Please let me know." Aneri entered abruptly and directed her question to Karan.

"Tejasswi is inside the ER receiving treatment. Please wait here," Kunal informed her, giving her a reassuring touch on the shoulder and guiding her to a nearby bench.

A few moments later, the Kundrra family entered, having been updated on the situation by Kunal.

Just as they were about to inquire about Tejasswi, the doctor exited the ER and was immediately intercepted by Karan and Aneri.

"How's she? What's wrong with her?" Karan asked hurriedly.

"Due to extreme stress, she had a miscarriage and was going through a mental trauma." The doctor said it, making everyone shocked.

A look of dismay washed over Karan's face as he squinted his eyes. Despite Kunal's hint about the situation, he had been desperately hoping that Kunal was mistaken.

"Was she pregnant?" Aneri asked in disbelief.

"She was 2 weeks pregnant, didn't you guys know?"

The doctor examined their faces in turn, only to find them all exchanging uncertain glances and shaking their heads.

"Tejasswi didn't reveal the news." Shamita replied immediately.

"I see. This is an early stage, and it's not uncommon for even mothers to not notice any symptoms yet. It's quite possible she's in the dark about it."

"You mean, even Teju didn't know she had a baby?" Aneri asked.

"Quite possible."

"Can we refrain from sharing this with her for now? Teju is extremely fond of kids. She's already dealing with so much, and another shock might be unbearable for her," Aneri said, giving Karan a firm look.

"I'm afraid she's already been informed. She was getting rather agitated, so I had to administer a tranquilizer," the doctor apologized.

Karan rubbed his forehead. "How is Tejasswi doing? Can I see her?"

"We've moved her to a private room. Although she'll be in a tranquil sleep due to the medication for a few hours, you can catch a glimpse of her from a distance."

The doctor prolonged Tejasswi's condition and headed back to the ER.

Karan hurried his pace into Tejasswi's room, but Aneri blocked him. "I'm sorry, Mr. Kundrra, but you played a role in Teju's current state. It's best if you stay away from her."

Aneri's words pained Karan. Even he was cursing himself for Teju's condition and eager to mend it.

"Karan isn't at fault here. Miss Khanna, please be mindful of your limits," Shamita defended Karan.

"She's spot on. This punk is the reason behind Teju's misery. She stood by his side, faced his family, waited patiently to make their relationship public, and he cruelly ignored her desires," Sanjay yelled, visibly furious.

"Grandpa, please, it's the hospital." Kunal meddled, being infuriated. "I urge everyone not to interfere in Karan's private affairs. Cease this family turmoil, or I'll have no choice but to summon security and remove you," he warned them sternly.