Counter Attack

"No, no, this can't happen." Rashmi turned the pages of several news magazines and yelled.

Then she changed news channels one by one, getting madder and madder.

"How could this be?" She screamed and threw the remote control harshly, making it shattered into several pieces.

She vent out her anger on lifeless stuffs, scattering and tossing them. Then she picked up her phone and called Rohan.

"Rohan, you have 15 minutes; be here."

After tossing an order haughtily, she lifted her hand to toss the mobile phone but stopped. She can't afford to damage the most expensive model gifted by Rohan.

In the penthouse of Royman Hotel, London, Karan was switching the Indian news channels to find the same news everywhere.

"The new embers in quenched flames."

"Day before, the renowned actress Tejasswi Sharma was accused of deceiving her designer by being a model in a designer contest."

"Through this new tip video, it's proved she was set up by Pari Gupta, assistant to designer Rashmi Singh."

The report reported the news and Pari's video shown on the screen when she handed Tejasswi her outfit, and Tejasswi cross-checked whether it was her outfit or not and was lashed by Pari.

Aneri had taken the video of her secretly upon Tejasswi's instructions.

Sudden after this video, Pari's statement on the stage, when she said that only Tejasswi can answer how she got this outfit, appeared on the screen, revealing her open lie.

"This wasn't Tejasswi Sharma's fault, but Pari Gupta was the one who should be blamed. Being an assistant to Rashmi, didn't she know her boss's designs or what?"

"It can't be a mistake but a planned trap."

Few news channels showed more videos of Rashmi bullying juniors and snatching their work.

"That's not enough; this is Rashmi Singh's routine to harass juniors and rag rookies."

"A tip from a secret correspondence says that Rashmi Singh has the back of the chairman, Rohan Kapoor. They are not just boss and underling but much more."

A few secret videos of Rohan and Rashmi from paparazzi at different locations were exhibited on the screen.

"Are they dating? Is Rohan Kapoor cheating on Tejasswi Sharma? Is Rashmi Singh a third wheel?"

"Was the entire trap for Tejasswi Sharma an act of enviousness and resentment?"

Karan switched a few more channels, then switched off the TV. Then he checked the same news online and shook his head with a smirk.

'Tejasswi is definitely something I underestimated before. It will be interesting to find out more about her.'

Rohan was pressing buttons on the remote control, switching channels, and getting frustrated.

"What the heck is this? How did this happen, Rashmi? I want an answer." He switched off the TV and yelled angrily.

Rashmi circled her arms around Rohan's hand and kept her head on his shoulder.

"Honey, why are you getting mad at me? How would I know about it?"

Rohan pulled his hand from Rashmi's arms and clutched her shoulder.

"Then who will answer? Why are reporters picking on you? Did you do something like this?" Rohan asked sternly, and Rashmi started shedding fake tears.

"Rohan, how could you be carried away by these fake news stories? Do you think I have such a malicious heart? This is all Tejasswi's conspiracy to berate me. She ruined my position in the competition and is now defaming me through the news."