Farewell Echoes

Listening to lawyer Chowdhary's argument, Tejasswi and Vicky held their heads. They were at a dead end when a sudden voice made them jump in surprise.

"Pardon the interruption, but I have evidence that exposes Rohan Kapoor not only as a poor father but as a genuinely awful person," Karan declared with a sense of outrage upon entering the courtroom.

Tejasswi and Vicky exchanged surprised glances before turning their attention to Karan, whose expression was stern and his eyes blazed a fierce red. Even Rohan and Chowdhary were visibly shaken, captivated by the intensity emanating from his fiery gaze.

The judge glared at him and massaged his temples. "What's going on here? Mr. Kundrra, maintain order in the court or face removal. Defense counsel, enlighten us on this new development." His irritation heightened with the persistent interruptions.

Vicky was completely in the dark about what Karan was talking about, rendering him dumbfounded. He looked at Karan and the judge with a zipped mouth, like a deer caught in the headlights.

"Your Honor, I regret to inform you that he was oblivious to this situation. I've just obtained crucial information that could sway the decision in this custody case. May I proceed on my own with your permission?" Karan asked politely, adopting a humble stance.

"Your Honor, the way the defendant, her family, and her attorney keep on presenting witnesses without proper permission is a contempt of court. I implore you to halt any further occurrences of this nature," Chowdhury asserted loudly.

'Underestimating Tejasswi Sharma was a mistake; with Karan Kundrra supporting her and their astute lawyer, they've laid bare all of Rohan Kapoor's past misdeeds. I've managed to paint him as changed, but now, what's the next twist?' he pondered, apprehensive about the new turn of events in the case.

"Even though presenting a witness in this manner is not the proper protocol, I'll overlook it for now given the family court context and the pending case decision. We're still in as dark as we were in the beginning, so Mr. Kundrra, you have permission to proceed, but exercise caution moving forward," the judge announced, cautioning Karan firmly.

"Gratitude, my lord. I bring forth my witness," Karan stated, summoning the individual to testify.

In his mid-fifties and dressed in a suit, a man walked confidently to the witness stand, causing Rohan to sense the ground shifting beneath him.

"Your Honor, he is Mr. Marco Rossi, the director of Rossa & Verde, a kid's fashion factory located in Milan."

After the introduction, Marco had to take an oath before Karan initiated his questioning. "Marco, would you care to elaborate on how and when you first got acquainted with Rohan Kapoor?"

"Approximately six months ago, during Paris Fashion Week, our paths crossed, and I discovered he is the son of Mr. Harsh Kapoor, the former chairman of Pristine Moments. We spent time together, during which he learned about our plan to launch Rossa & Verde's franchise in the Asian market."

"He indicated interest in acquiring our franchise in India. Although it was an attractive proposition, I sought some time to consider and decide, given his tarnished reputation in the Mumbai fashion industry."

"A couple of months ago, he reached out to me once more with a proposal for a compelling kickstart plan involving a kids' fashion show and the introduction of an exceptionally charming and distinctive face as the brand ambassador. He mentioned that she was his daughter."

"Drawing upon over 30 years of experience in this industry, my discerning eye for talent led me to accept his proposal with the stipulation that he would bring that child on board. These are the pictures of baby Saanjh he had emailed me."