A New Surprise

Ronny opened the front door of the car, and Tejasswi hopped in to see Karan was sitting on the driving seat, looking out of the windshield with a cold and stern face.

She was stunned for a moment. Karan tilted his head, caught a glimpse of her face, and turned forward again.

"Hello......" She bowed a little to him and mumbled. He just moved his head in reply and drove off.

An awkward silence prevailed between the newlywed couple.
Tejasswi looked around, feeling slightly uneasy, and Karan cleared his throat.

"Nobody can see you through the window in my car, as it's view protection glasses." Karan said in her usual cold tone.

Tejasswi looked at him in surprise. Though he looks cold and indifferent, he is soft and caring inside.

"How did you know about me being here in chaos?" Tejasswi asked in a very calm tone.

"Why shouldn't I? If, being Karan Kundrra, I don't know about my wife's whereabouts or protect her, then nothing is more wasteful than me." Karan couldn't control the bitterness in his tone.

Tejasswi looked at Karan's side profile and sighed. She didn't get whether he was protective or possessive, and he sounded self-obsessed as well.

However, Karan was pissed that Tejasswi didn't care about her dignity and had done a lowly assignment for god knows why and landed in peril. His anger could have broken out at any moment.

He stopped the car at the side of the less crowded road and sighed.

"What was all that?" Karan asked without looking at Tejasswi.

Tejasswi was editing a text to Aneri when she raised her head, listening to his question, and bit her lower lips in confusion. She couldn't figure out what he meant.

"Are you asking about the contest or the chaos in the contest?"

"Being a model in a designer contest doesn't suit your standard, don't you think so?"
Karan has his own questions and does not bother to answer Tejasswi.

"I do, but..." Tejasswi wanted to explain that she had her reasons, but was cut off by Karan.
"Then why did you do that, too, for the woman you should despise and resent?"

Finally, the rudeness of Karan's personality was reflected in his tone. He damn wanted to know the reason that made Tejasswi do an ignoble job.

"What?" Tejasswi frown.

Karan turned and looked into Tejasswi's eyes. "Rashmi stole your boyfriend, didn't she? And you work for a person who is malicious to you?"

Tejasswi was taken aback for a few moments. 'How did he get to know about Rohan and Rashmi's affair?'

'Of course the business devil Karan Kundrra must have his sources. He searched so much about me; how could he leave out the important reason for my getting married to him? I wonder how much he knows about this issue.'

"I have my reasons, but what's with your question?" Tejasswi did not like his many questions. Even though he saved her, she is not answerable to anyone about her work.

Karan turned his waist, picked up a file from the back seat, and gave it to Tejasswi.

"Your copy of the contract, you forgot in the morning. This will jog your memory; have a good look and memorize it." Karan spoke in a colder tone and started the car again.

He is not used to tolerating disobedient people around him. It's his newlywed wife who is annoying him, and he can't treat her like he deals with his employees.