A Night of Surprises

Politely, Karan turned down Rakesh's invitation, citing their departure scheduled for the following day. Tejasswi, though taken aback by the news since there was still a week left before their journey home, opted not to comment.

"You're probably wondering if I misled Mr. Bapat," Karan queried Tejasswi as soon as they entered their room.

"Of course not; I trust that you have your own reasons."

"Grandma requested our presence at the New Year's party they're organizing."

Using the party as a cover, Karan made his exit, an event he'd been dreading and firmly opposed attending. Despite the guilt of his fabrication, he couldn't hide his jealousy at seeing Tejasswi so connected to another guy, especially an old friend.

"Ah, the New Year's celebration. That's alright with me."

Tejasswi puts aside her dislike for social celebrations, enduring them for the sake of Karan and his family.

The following day, Karan and Tejasswi strolled through Marco Polo Airport, catching an early flight to Mumbai, hastening their reMumbai

Out of nowhere, Tejasswi grabbed Karan's hand, guiding him to a VIP entrance that led them directly to Karan's private jet.

Teju, what is all this?" Karan exclaimed, clearly surprised.
"If you're willing to endure a public airbus for my request, can't I prioritize your comfort for our journey back home? Plus, our trip has come to an end."

Tejasswi grappled with guilt for putting Karan through the unfamiliarity and hassle of an Airbus, all for the sake of her wish. Her remorse intensified as she witnessed his unyielding love and thoughtful care. His careful arrangement of a surprise wedding and considerate dates served as poignant examples of his devotion. In return, she made a firm decision to guarantee his journey back to Mumbai would be comfortable.

Observing his radiant joy, she feels a sense of accomplishment and pride in her choice.

"Thanks a million, my love," Karan murmured, embracing her and leaving a tender kiss on her cheek.

With his head against the seat, Karan felt a wave of contentment wash over him as the plane took off. 'Finally, I won't have to endure daily encounters with Rakesh during meals.'

As New Year's Eve approached, the party kicked off with Karan and Tejasswi, both elegantly attired in Mandy's creations, entering hand in hand. Aneri, as customary, trailed behind Tejasswi.

Tejasswi halted in her tracks, turned to Aneri, and gently suggested, "Why not go and enjoy the party with your boyfriend instead of following us?"

"Exactly, give us some space," Karan asserted, wrapping his arm around Tejasswi's waist as he led her into the grand hall of the Royman Hotel.

Tejasswi was awestruck to see the stunning masquerade ballroom, draped in rich fabrics and illuminated by a soft, golden glow. Crystal chandeliers hang from the ceiling, casting elegant patterns of light across the room.

"Oops, I have never seen such a lavishly grand New Year party." Tejasswi said, observing the guests.

As guests arrive, they are greeted by a red carpet entrance lined with graceful attendants. They dressed elegantly with elaborate masks that concealed their identities, adding an air of intrigue and mystique.

"Why?" Karan leaned into Tejasswi's ears and asked

"To be frank, I'm not a fan of social gatherings or celebrations. At the onset of my career, I attended a few times out of courtesy for the host. But eventually, I began opting for out-of-town trips during occasions like this."