Pandora's Box

"While we were in the hospital, Rashmi confided in me privately that Rohan is desperately trying to locate her."

Tejasswi delivered the stunning revelation to Karan, causing him to tense up and pinch the bridge of his nose in disbelief.

"What? What gotten into him out of the blue?"

"Rashmi wasn't in possession of the precise reason, but she speculates that he's interested in having the baby," Tejasswi replied, her fingers fidgeting with unease.

"The baby? This just doesn't add up. Why the abrupt change of heart to wish for a child he abandoned even before she was born? Was Rashmi completely certain about this? Did he have any knowledge of the baby being in our care?"

Karan couldn't stop himself from firing off a barrage of questions, his agitation fueled by the shocking news of Rohan's audacious moves.

"I'm not completely in the loop, but Rashmi relayed that a few days ago, she started getting a flurry of emails from Rohan, inquiring about her location since she had blocked all his contacts. When she didn't reply, the frequency of emails per day heightened, causing her distress."

"Oh gosh, what a complete psycho." Karan ran his fingers through his hair.

"Following that, Rashmi got in touch with Pari Gupta to see if she had any insights. Pari mentioned that she only knew about Rohan's accident a month ago, and ever since, he's been on the hunt for Rashmi. He even reached out to Pari, but she didn't reveal anything. Pari suspects he's interested in Rashmi's baby."

Tejasswi detailed the entire story she'd heard from Rashmi, her hand instinctively moving to her head. She couldn't fathom the notion of losing her baby, and there was absolutely no way she would allow this innocent soul to be handed over to Rohan, potentially exposing them to harm.

"Don't be troubled, Teju," Karan comforted, his hands gently framing Tejasswi's face and guiding her eyes to meet his. "Perhaps he's come to terms with his mistake and now wishes to care for Rashmi and their baby?"

While Karan harbored doubts about Rohan's ability to change for the better, he still offered Tejasswi a positive perspective to provide her with comfort.

"Even I shared the same doubt and discussed it with Rashmi. She confidently denied any indication of regret, repentance, or apology in his messages. According to her, he only asked about her whereabouts and expressed a desire to meet her. That's why she wasn't sure if he genuinely wanted her back or if his focus was solely on the baby."

Tejasswi's visage stiffened once more, a clear sign of her determination to shield the baby from Rohan's sinister intentions.

"Hmm, she was right to be skeptical. I still can't fathom what prompted him to seek out the child so suddenly. It's not as if a surge of fatherly affection has suddenly overtaken him."

"I share the same agony, pondering what's troubling Rohan. It's heartbreaking that poor Rashmi suffered because of him, even in her final moments."

Tejasswi and Karan had recently embraced a new bundle of joy in their lives. The unsettling news that their baby could be taken from them left them both anxious and disheartened. To compound matters, the biological father, Rohan, falls far short of being considered a good person, let alone a responsible parent.

Karan took note of Tejasswi's serious and anxious countenance, exhaling deeply. "Teju, don't fret. I won't allow Rohan to take our precious angel away. He isn't fit to be a father. I'll get Vicky on board to help us gather all the details about Rohan Kapoor and get to the bottom of this sudden turn of events."

"Furthermore, I'll reach out to the Sharma family in Delhi and ensure that news of Rashmi's passing and the baby being with us remains confidential. I'm certain he'll also be searching for her there too."