Glimpses of Deceit

Tejasswi tried to wiggle free, but Karan's grip on her hand tightened.

"Sunny, stop this. Let me go," Tejasswi whispered into Karan's ear, her eyes scanning the area with a broad smile.

"Take it easy, my love. The party hall is a no-media zone until the announcement. These high-society guests are here to have a blast, not to film us," Karan refuted.

"But they have chatty mouths."

Tejasswi was nervous about the potential inquiries about her relationship with Karan prior to the announcement. Those in showbiz can be just as eager for gossip as devoted fans.

"So, let them be; who cares?"

"I do, and I intend to honor Grandpa's wishes, so please release my hand."

Tejasswi exerted herself, but Karan's firm hold remained unyielding.

"Try harder, babes..." Karan said teasingly, looking around with a modest smile and greeting people with a slight bow of his head.

"Also, I will have my first dance with you."

Tejasswi heaved a resigned sigh, acknowledging that she couldn't outmatch Karan's stubbornness or his physical prowess.

"Fine, I'm game." She said it with a deep breath and a calm smile.

"Deal...." 

Karan liked her submissive attitude. He lowered his guard and loosened his grip on her hand. Seizing this opportunity, Tejasswi broke free.

"See you later..." She softly uttered, then moved towards a group of people, Aneri keeping pace.

Director Khanna, the lead actor, Arjun Verma, and a few other prominent cast members from her project are all standing together.

Tejasswi joined them with heartfelt greetings. They asked about her accident and health, expressing genuine concern. She was deeply moved by their love.

"Excuse me....." Director Khanna called for a server with drinks.

They all picked a glass, but Arjun Verma held two glasses and offered one to Tejasswi.

"Miss Sharma prefers soft drinks at parties," Director Sharma responded on Tejasswi's behalf.

Tejasswi was grateful for his thoughtful gesture, acknowledging that he understood her well after their long tenure in the industry. It prevented her from having to potentially be rude and decline the new artist.

'In situations like this, Aneri is usually my savior. By the way, where is she?'

Tejasswi turned around to see Aneri standing a short distance away and scanning the party hall all, drowning in her own miseries.

'Uff, this pathetic lover. She's making it painfully obvious, still pretending to be hard to get."

Tejasswi fetched her phone and edited a text for Kunal. 'It's time for your entry.'

'Thanks sweetheart.' She received Kunal's reply and rubbed her temple.

"Will he ever stop flirting with me, with so many chicks around him?" Tejasswi monologued.

'Since she's inspecting the hall, let's make it grand to match her enthusiasm.' She edited her reply.

A moment later, the lights went off, and a sharp spot light fell on the stage. Kunal made an appearance, looking dashing with a hot chic, the intern of his hospital.

The soft romantic music began, and the couple moved to the beats, dancing sensually.

Tejasswi's eyes widen when she sees Kunal lighting the fire on the stage. She looked at Skylar, who had bottomed up a drink and picked another glass.