Karan Persuaded

"I was always like this. Neither I changed dad nor you, and that was the reason I moved out and forfeited your guys time to see me."

"Of course not. The way you were in the past, you never disrespected dad. This is what you transformed into after getting married to that actress." Rajesh yelled again.

Tejasswi and the doctor stood there, listening to them.

"Stop being typical in-laws, dad. Even last night, you both were out of line with her." Karan said, and Tejasswi flinched.

'How did he get to know about last night when I said nothing to him? Ahh, it must be Shamita. Why did she have to do this?' Tejasswi fidgeted with her fingers in nervousness.

The young doctor stood next to Tejasswi, observed her, and then pointed his forefinger at the closed door. "Are they talking about you?"

"No, of course not." Tejasswi lied hesitantly.

"You are lying." The doctor said this while dusting his lab coat.

"Wow, that actress is really something. That snitcher didn't take much time to instigate you against your family." Rajesh retorted more indignantly.

"Oh, gosh, knock it off, you two. Karan, let's end it on a note of solidarity." Sanjay Kundrra said it in his usual soft tone.

Silence prevailed in the room. Nobody has dared to speak after Sanjay.

"I am not lying; do you get it? I am here to see Shamita; I am friends with her, and I have nothing to do with this family."

Tejasswi stammered while saying this, but she didn't want a third person to know about her and Karan.

"Oh yes, Shamita, the patient. This is so outrageous of this family to fight in a patient's room, isn't it?" The doctor said this as he put on the lab coat and hung the sethescope on his neck.
"Unfortunately, they are my family." He pointed at his name on the lab coat.

"Dr. Kunal J. Kundrra."

Tejasswi read the name and realized he must be Karan's younger sibling.

"You might get it, dear sister-in-law." He winked at her and walked in.

"But grandpa......."

Karan wanted to say something, but Kunal walked in and cut him off.

"Enough of you......"

Tejasswi immediately walked after Kunal and cut him off.

"Karan, honey, you said we are moving into the clan mansion, but you didn't mention the date. I need to pack so much stuff." Tejasswi said as she held Karan's hand and acted cringey.

'What's gotten into her?' Karan rendered stunned.

"What?"

"What the?"

Some soft tumult broke out in the room. The entire family looked at her with wide eyes, and Grandpa giggled, covering his mouth.

"What nonsense are you spitting? When did I say that?" Karan said indignantly.

"A while ago, over call." Tejasswi lied confidently, looking into his eyes.

"That's cap; stop lying." Karan said he was shooting daggers at her.

'Has he had to say this? couldn't he give me some face?' Tejasswi thought and bit her lower lips.

"Ahh, this actress is really terrible. At first she provoked Karan against his family; now here she is acting all goody goody." Rajesh meddled again with all his hostility.