The Confession

The next morning, Tejasswi woke up late and looked around.

Gosh, it's too late; it seems I overslept today." She stood up, tied her long hair into a messy bun, and walked out of the room.

"It's too uncomfortable here in a huge mansion. Ahh, I miss my home." She blabbered to herself while searching for something.

"Are you looking for something?"

Tejasswi heard a sudden voice from behind and jumped in fear.

"Jeez, you startled me." She patted her heart and turned around.

She was dumbfounded to see Karan in workout gear for the first time, revealing his built-up chest and biceps in a skintight vest. He was looking out of the world with messy hair on his forehead instead of neatly combed.

"Done checking me out?" Karan's finger clicked in front of her face, zooming her out, and he walked into the kitchen, following suit.

"I wasn't checking on you, of course." Tejasswi said from behind.

Karan turned around, looked at her, and rolled his eyes.

"That's true. I was just surprised to see you in workout clothes for the first time." Tejasswi empathizes with her words to make him believe she is not a pervert.

"Hmm....." Karan just hummed and got busy with his work in the kitchen.

'What's with him? Why didn't he answer back?' Tejasswi thought and scratched the back of her head.

"Still sulky?" She asked in baritone while trying to read his face.

"You never know." Karan replied carelessly without looking at her.

He was chopping vegetables, and Tejasswi was observing him in surprise.

"Hey, do you cook?" Tejasswi asked and took a cherry tomato he was slicing neatly.

"Yups......" He looked at her for a brief moment and answered.

"Amazing, you are good with knives." I discovered a new thing about you." Tejasswi said playfully.

She tossed the cherry tomato in the air and caught it in her mouth.

"I told you before, I live by myself." Karan looked at her escapade with a frown.

She jumped on her back, sat on the kitchen table, and stuffed one more cherry tomato in her mouth. "Hmm, even I live on my own but cook awfully. I mostly watch my carbs, so I prefer order."

Karan stopped chopping and gave her sharp glares.

"What?" She raised her eyebrows.

Karan curled his lips, quivered his one eyebrow, and glared at her from head to toe.

"Fine, I am sorry." Tejasswi jumped off the kitchen table.

"This apple and broccoli salad is for you." Karan pointed at a bowl.

"Wow......" Tejasswi reached out a hand to dig in, but Karan pulled the bowl back.

"Get freshened up first. You can have it on your own, or if you wish, join me at the poolside."

"I will be at the poolside in a snap. Let's eat together." Tejasswi said, striding upstairs to her room.

Around half an hour later, she walked to the poolside, looking dazzling in a white crop top and blue shorts with open semi-curly hair.

She looked at Karan, who had changed into casual blue jeans and a black t-shirt, resting under the umbrella with closed eyes. Not eating when dishes are on the table in front of him.