Rekindling Friendships

Karan was mildly exasperated as he talked to Anjana. He marched off in a sullen manner, completely unaware that Tejasswi had been left behind.

"Yikes, ow..." Tejasswi, absorbed in her phone, didn't notice the person in her path. She bumped into him and tumbled, only to be saved by the firm grasp of a stranger.

"Rakesh?" A familiar grin spread across Tejasswi's face as she called out the name of her rescuer.

Karan glanced back and witnessed Tejasswi enveloped by the arms of a statuesque, charming man, their lips adorned with matching grins.

"Hey Tejasswi, it's been ages." The guy steadied Tejasswi on her feet and lightly air-kissed her cheek.

Tejasswi reciprocated his greeting gesture with a broad smile and said, "Yes, since the graduation party. By the way, Rakesh, how are you doing?"

Karan observed their beaming expressions and lively conversation from a distance, seething with jealousy. After ending the call, he strode towards them.

"I'm doing good."

While Rakesh was in the midst of conversation, Karan positioned himself between them, abruptly cutting him off. He hastily cupped Tejasswi's cheeks, asking with concern, "Teju, are you alright? Did you get hurt?"

With a keen gaze, Rakesh closely studied Karan's expression and fearlessly jumped into the conversation, audaciously disrupting the interaction between the married couple.

"Ah, Mr. Karan Kundrra, it's a pleasure to meet you, sir." Rakesh extended his hand for a shake.

"How do you know me?" Karan asked, turning to him with a slight frown.

"The youngest and most successful businessman in the country, that's you. You've accomplished so much at such a young age. You're Tejasswi's husband." Rakesh couldn't contain his excitement at meeting the celebrity businessman in person.

The crease in Karan's forehead deepened as he endured Rakesh's prattle, which hadn't left a positive mark on him, especially considering Rakesh's closeness to his wife.

"And you are?" Karan's inquiry was sharp, but he wasn't overly concerned about his tone. He quirked an eyebrow at Rakesh before shifting his gaze to Tejasswi.

"Meet Rakesh Bapat, one of my peers from university."
With reluctance, Karan reached out to shake Rakesh's hand, acknowledging his close connection with Tejasswi.

"We were more than just alumni; we used to be friends," Rakesh added.

"Good friends..." Tejasswi mentioned, and they both erupted into laughter.

"Tejasswi, since you're here, why don't we grab dinner together and toast to our reunion? It's on me."

"Sure....."

"We are on honeymoon."

"Oh, my apologies. Please continue with your plans, both of you."

"No, it's nothing private. We can all have dinner together, right, Karan? Rakesh, you're invited to join us, of course."

"Sure, Mr. Bapat." Karan clenched his fist and agreed. He couldn't bring himself to turn down any request from Tejasswi.

Together, they made their way to the hotel Karan had chosen for their dinner. Rakesh was a constant stream of conversation, and Tejasswi couldn't suppress her laughter. In reality, they were immersed in fond memories of their university days, while Karan began to feel like he didn't quite belong.

"Rakesh, I'm curious; how did you learn about my marriage and that Karan is my husband?" Tejasswi inquired, her hands comfortably settled on Karan's arm, who sat next to her in the car.