Inconvenient Truth

Sanjay swapped a glance at Tejasswi with a faint smile.

"Teju, you have no knowledge of the company, yet 12 years ago, I queried Shamita with the same questions, and she had all the correct answers. Doesn't that seem peculiar?"

Tejasswi squinted her eyes. 'Seems like I disappointed Grandpa.'

"Well, it's possible she had all the answers because the company wasn't as expansive back then as it is today," Tejasswi stated in her defense.

She's resolute in not allowing Shamita to outshine her in matters related to Karan.

"Is the monumental growth of the company over the past 12 years the reason you lag behind Shamita?" Sanjay asked solemnly and raised his eyebrows.

"Yes..." Tejasswi refuted confidently.

"I see...." Sanjay emphasized his words. "Then I will ask the questions whose answers are unchanged."

"Bring it on." Tejasswi will not give up without putting up a fight.

"Tell me Karan's birth date."

"11th of October."

"His favorite color?"

"Black."

"His favorite cuisine?"

"Sea foods."

"Holiday destination he likes."

"Karan prefer mountain over beaches. He likes mountaineering and hates hot places." Tejasswi answered hurriedly.

"Karan's hobby?"

"Other than work, he is into cooking."

It was like a rapid fire, which ended with Sanjay's clap.

"I'm impress. You really know Karan well, then his company On the contrary, Shamita was terribly wrong about these questions, which is quite bizarre; don't you think so?"

Sanjay locked eyes with Tejasswi, arching an eyebrow. Tejasswi pondered for a moment and then absently scratched her head.

'Is this the cause for Grandpa's reluctance towards Shamita? Was it due to her lack of understanding about Karan or her extensive knowledge about the company?'

"Oh...." With a thunder of thought, Tejasswi's lips curled into 'O' and his eyes widen.

"Shamita's knowledge about the company seemed to outweigh her knowledge about Karan. Is that why you believed her primary focus was on Karan's company rather than on him, right grandpa?"

"You possess keen insight. It was clear that Shamita's true passion lay with Karan's wealth, which is why I had to take a stand against their union."

'That's terrible.' Tejasswi felt a strong wave of disgust for Shamita.

Karan was seated in his study, visibly shaken. He had just discovered that there was someone on his premises scheming against his family.

"The perpetrator is not only related to you but also seems to have deep grudges against Miss Sharma." Vicky said that and gave a few papers to Karan.

"How?" Karan asked while checking the paper, which seemed like call records of somebody.

"The highlighted numbers belong to Rashmi Singh. They have been in contact for more than 3 months."

"What? For long way before I even married Tejasswi?" Karan inquired, a furrow forming on his brow.

"Right, therefore, I am sure the person under this roof is an old and hidden nemesis of Miss Sharma."