Calm Before The Storm

Tejasswi looked at Karan closely and recognized him.

"What are you doing here, Mr. Kundrra? She asked hurriedly, yet in a nervous tone.

"I came to check on Miss Khanna's aunt but noticed something odd between you and Rohan Kapoor. Is everything okay?"

Karan removed the disguise and spoke in a serious tone.

Tejasswi took a few deep breaths. "Well, I can't say yes.

She revealed the half truth with a dilemma about whether or not to involve Karan in her problems.

"Tell me" 

It was a kind of authoritative demand with the usual frown on Karan's face. Tejasswi crouched her eyelashes.

"He showed up out of the blue to surprise me with the next date for the marriage registration, the next week.
She was embarrassed to tell this to Karan.

"I see..."

"With the condition that I sign as a brand ambassador for his fashion company. Tejasswi continued with dismay.

"Hmm, then....." 

Tejasswi raised her eyelashes and met Karan's fiery eyes. Though he was looking calm, he was fuming inwardly.

"Obviously, I refused. Not only am I married already, but my principles never let me be the face of any brand. I have never done that in my entire career."

"Hmm, but it wasn't looking sorted between you two."

'Was he stalking me?'

Tejasswi couldn't believe he watched the entire drama unfold but didn't invade. He is a true gentleman.

"Yeah, he threatened that he would only register the marriage if I signed the contract." Tejasswi said it with a heavy heart.

She was still in shock at Rohan's selfish and ruthless demands.

"Dickhead bastard. Do you want me to take care of him?" Karan asked this and raised his eyebrows.

"No, thanks. I will deal with him." Tejasswi retorted.

"Don't forget, I will always be there. I can announce our marriage whenever you will be mine and accept that there is no turning back."
Karan's consoling words were not soothing, but they comforted Tejasswi.

"Rohan is a nag. He has one or other demand every now and then. But I am grateful to you.

"Fine....." 

Karan let go of her arms and put on his hat and shades again. He was putting on a mask, but Tejasswi held his hand.

"Wait, Mr. Kundrra, from whom are you hiding yourself?"

Tejasswi was surprised and curious.

Karan didn't reply and gazed at her hand on his wrist. Then they both looked into each other's eyes. It was kind of an intimate eye lock.

Tejasswi let go of her hand. "I am sorry."

"It's fine. You're the only person who has the right to hold my hand."

Karan sounded romantic to Tejasswi. For the first time, she felt butterflies in her stomach.

"Ahem ahem......" Tejasswi cleared her throat. "But why this get-up?" She asked hurriedly to dissolve the awkwardness.

"To hide myself. This hospital is owned by my siblings." Karan said it truthfully.

Tejasswi was surprised again.