The Visit Of The Past

"Clap clap......"

Karan and Tejasswi's moment was interrupted by someone.

They turned to the source of the noise and found a woman staring them ironically, while clapping.

'Who is she? How did she barge into the mansion full of advance security? A burglary or thief?' Tejasswi's chain of thoughts was broken by Karan's strong voice.

"What are you doing here? He yelled, looking quite upset with the unannounced visitor.

"Do you know her? Tejasswi asked in a baritone, scared of his red, fierce face.

Karan turned his gaze to Tejasswi in his arms and softened his stern face. He put her down gently.

"Can you wait upstairs in my room? Karan requested softly.
It seems he had a bitter history with this woman. It's okay to give him space.'

Tejasswi read the room and nodded. "Sure....."

Karan held her face in her right hand and planted a soft kiss on her forehead. "Thanks."

Tejasswi strode upstairs, Karan stared at her departing back for a minute, then turned to meet the woman's furious gaze. She was smoldering with jealousy.

"Did you start getting random women in your room?"

"Shamita, watch your mouth."

Shamita flinched at Karan's loud yell but took a deep breath to pull herself together.

"Answer me, damn it." Shamita screamed at the top of her lungs and got closer to Karan.

"Shh," Karan said, keeping his forefinger on his lips. "Lower down your voice; don't forget you are under my roof."

Shamita realized she had just challenged the devilish side of Karan and changed her attitude.

"Why did you move here, leaving all your old locusts?" She asked, changing the subject and getting closer to him.

"That's none of your business; now see yourself out." Karan said it rudely and drew the line between them.

"Why are you so rude to me? It hurts." Shamita said with a pout, being cringey, and stretched her hand to hold her shoulder, but Karan grabbed her hand.

"Enough...." Karan jerked her hand. Cut the chase and tell me what brings you here."

Shamita felt humiliated, but spoke again sweetly. "I came just to see you, and you're too ungrateful.

"If you are done, then hit the road." Karan said it straightforwardly.

He turned to head upstairs to his wife, ignoring Shamita's presence completely, but she held his hand and stopped him.

Karan turned and jerked her hand harshly, making her stumble. "Dare you touch me again? You will see the hell out of me."

Shamita fumbled with constant rejection and lost her temper.

"Why are you pushing me hard for a mere actress? Who is she to you? Why this distance?"

She couldn't help but cry out of frustration. Her tears were once Karan's weakness, but today he was unmoved.

"We are odd because you burn all the bridges between us, and the woman upstairs is not a mere actress. She is someone in my life of whom you can't even dream. She is my wife."

"Your wife?" Shamita sat on the floor with a thud, bewildered.

"Now do you want me to invite the guards to help you out or...?" Karan said it as sternly as ever and stood in front of the stairs, keeping his hand on his waist.