The Veil Lifted

"I appreciate your confession, ex-mother. It was crucial for us, as we had no proof against you." Karan's smile carried a touch of triumph.

Sudha's brows knitted in confusion as she retorted, "What nonsense are you spitting, or are you trying to make a fool out of me? Raju has already sold me out."

Karan exchanged a proud glare with officer Verma and said, "Thank you so much, officer, for your cooperation."

"No, Mr. Kundrra. I'm glad for your help. We owe you."

Karan's face twisted into a sinister grin as he turned to Sudha. "Even though it's all already done, to add more to your misery, let me tell you something. Neither Raju Patil has any evidence against you, nor has he turned in The police arrested him."

"Proving you were an accomplice in Atul Shetty's murder solely based on Raju's statement, who was certified as mentally unstable, not to mention the mastermind, was a formidable challenge. Raju had already been convicted, and the statute of limitations had run its course."

"You've been responsible for a series of wrongs, including the mistreatment of Shamita's grandmother and the abduction of Ronny's family. You even resorted to threats and intimidation against Kiran, forcing her out to disrupt my marriage. Unfortunately, we lacked any tangible proof."

While engaged in conversation, Karan's focus shifted to Tejasswi. She stepped up with a matching victorious grin, clasped his hand, and went on to reveal the rest of the story.

"Your confession was the last resort. Faced with no other option, Karan designed this entire scheme for you, and you fell into our trap precisely as we foresaw. In addition, you disclosed your misdeeds with Shamita's mother to help smooth things over for us."

"Karan, you son of a bitch! Your wits have been your weapon since you were young. If only I had been more ruthless and gotten rid of you earlier. It would've been the wiser choice." Sudha's frustration was evident in her voice.

Anjana couldn't bear to hear words meant to harm Karan, prompting her to stride purposefully towards her and deliver a sharp, echoing slap.

"How dare you utter such words about my grandson? Sudha, you reveal yourself as a true monster. I'm relieved that Kunal and Shivangi were shielded from this side of you, and I hope they never have to learn of it," Anjana thundered like a lioness defending her cubs.

"I'm afraid Grandma, Kunal, and Shivi are already here, and they've witnessed everything," Shamita disclosed, indicating the small room beside the exit door.

Kunal and Shivangi emerged, their faces marked by exhaustion and tears streaming down, with Kunal providing steady support for Shivangi.

"Kunal....."

"Shivi....."

Seeing them there, everyone involuntarily winced. Tejasswi and Karan advanced, with Tejasswi enfolding Shivangi in a tight embrace while Karan gripped Kunal with equal intensity, causing him to let out a cathartic cry.

"Bro, I'm sorry." Kunal's voice trembled with regret, his apologies interspersed repeatedly with sobs.

'It's just as I feared. I knew they would both feel responsible for their mother's actions. That's why I told Karan not to bring them into this mess,' Tejasswi thought, filled with dismay.

"Shamita, why on earth would you do this?" Tejasswi asked angrily.

"They discovered me trying to slip away and were adamant about coming along. I apologize, Tejasswi, but my approach isn't as forgiving as yours and Karan's. I truly believed it was imperative for them to learn the truth and make their own choices."