Meeting With In-laws

"What, an accident? Karan got up.

"Where is she right now?" He asked while rubbing his forehead.

"Fine, I will be there." Karan said hurriedly, disconnected the call, and put on his shirt.

Tejasswi, realised that the caller was a third person, who used Shamita's phone to inform about her accident.

"How's she? Was that bad?" Tejasswi asked, seeing him getting ready to go.

"I don't know yet; I'll see after going there."

"I am going with you." Tejasswi said hurriedly while looking in the mirror and brushing her hair.

Karan wanted to deny it, but realized the situation was already complicated and his words could hurt Tejasswi.

"Fine...." He nodded.

A couple of hours later, after ensuring Shamita was safe, Karan asked Tejasswi to go home.

"Shamita is fine; let's go back."

"Are you sure?

Tejasswi felt a bit weird leaving like this without exchanging formal pleasantries.

"Yes. I don't want my golden night to get ruined for Shamita; many hours have been wasted already. It will be dawn soon."

Tejasswi blushed getting him ambiguous words.

"Shut it, Karan, and behave."

"I won't..." Karan pulled her through the waist and winked.

"Don't get relentless." Tejasswi jerked his hand and said it hurriedly.

"I have only tonight. Later in the morning, once I announce our marriage, we will get busy with congratulatory parties, and besides, your shoot will make you busier." Karan blabbered near her ear.

"Fine, get going then. God knows what's gotten into you."

They walked out hand in hand gleefully, but a nurse called them back. "Excuse me, sir, ma'am."

"Yes?" Karan raised his eyebrows.

"The patient wants to see Miss Sharma."

"For what?" Karan asked with a frown.

"It's ok, Karan."

Tejasswi assured him through his eyes and strided into Shamita's private room, whereas Karan waited outside.

Tejasswi and Shamita looked at each other awkwardly, and silence prevailed in the room, which was broken by Shamita.

"Ahh, sorry to bother you."

She tried to get up but had a cast on her right leg, which made it difficult. Tejasswi rushed to help her.

"Oh, thank you, and ahh, sorry about earlier, back at..."

"It's alright."

"No, it's not Tejasswi. I created such a scene without knowing you were Karan's wife; you owe my apology. Perhaps you don't know, me and Karan.

"Shamita, it's fine. Tejasswi was a bit uncomfortable with her constant apologies.

"As you said, you were oblivious, so let bygones be bygones. Besides, Karan told me about him and you, so you don't need to be embarrassed."

"That sounds like relief. Shamita sighed.

"By the way, Tejasswi, you were titled the goddess of beauty, right?"

Tejasswi was surprised by Shamita's out-of-the blue question, then nodded with a smile. "Yeah, long back."

"You are amazingly beautiful; looking at you in person is surreal."