#1

"It's just an ordinary alarm in the natural history museum and I strongly recommend that we leave this matter to the cops!!"

Donnie flew close to Leo with his drone pack, annoyed, he gestured in the direction of his brother who jumped enthusiastically over the roofs of New York.

"I was SO CLOSE to beating you! You were just looking for a reason to get away from the game!" Donnie spouted

"No way! Firstly, you will never beat me at gaming. And ehm... secondly... Imagine, there's another portal thing being stolen and an alien race trying to take over the world?!" Leo was a little too outraged by his brother's accusation, and Mikey spoke up while jumping to catch up with his two older brothers.

"I also think he was close to winning..."

"Ha!" exclaimed Donnie triumphantly. Leo snorted and started to reply when Raph interrupted the three and pointed east

"Hey, what was that? Did you see that?!"

They stopped and stared spellbound in the direction indicated by the eldest turtle. A second or two passed, and then they saw it too. A black shadow flitted across the rooftops, just like themselves - but it was moving away from them. They had to be quick now! The mood among the four changed abruptly - something emanated from this shadow that could not be described. Mikey gave a little shudder as they started sprinting again, and Leo clenched his fists.

Donnie checked his left forearm gauntlet to detect the shadow, so they could follow him more easily. He hastily typed while flying to activate his algorithm. It worked perfectly, he noted with satisfaction.

"Got him! He's moving towards Harlem! By my calculations, he will take the Willis Avenue Bridge - we have an 87% chance of intercepting him before then if we cut across River Park!"

"So let's GO!" shouted Raph and accelerated, and his three brothers did the same.

Only a few minutes later, they were crouched in pairs on two different roofs. Donnie followed the dot on his display with utter excitement. It came closer. This had to be the thief! And it wasn't one of the villains they knew. An unknown variable that could not yet be assessed. Beside him, Raph swallowed nervously. On the roof opposite of the street, Mikey and Leo could hardly be made out. Next to them, a thirty-story behemoth of skyscrapers towered into the sky. A shell consisting of a skeleton made of steel and concrete. The wind whistled through and, lending an ominous roar to the scene with its howl.

Donnie focused on his display and almost whispered into his communicator, which connected him to Mikey and Leo.

"8 seconds. Get ready."

"Mikey and I will start!" they heard Leo say when they could already make out the shadow in the near distance. It jumped nimbly over the roofs. Fast and silent. Seemingly tireless. And then he was with them and jumped over the street between them.

A human...? Thought Donnie when he saw it flash orange. Mikey whipped his mystic nunchaku through the air to grab the thief. At the same time, the figure could now be recognized better. A human, no question - wrapped in black, only the eyes were free. The clothing was more reminiscent of a ninja than that of the Turtles, which was not without a certain irony. But there was no hint to the Footclan. Donnie frowned.

Well, they'll soon know who's behind the burglary and how the thief was able to be so quick. Mikey's nunchaku flew perfectly into the thief's trajectory, and Leo aimed for a portal to keep him from slamming into the wall of the house when he will be immobilized by the chain and pulled out of the air.

But then it happened: The thief quickly grabbed the end of the nunchaku and - threw - it - further! In one fluid motion he spun around and let the orange glowing strand of chain continue to fly across the street line now at double speed - right at Donnie and Raph's position!

"What the...?!" Raph couldn't finish his sentence. He gasped as the nunchaku wrapped around HIM and lifted him off his feet in utter surprise.

It had all happened in a millisecond. Donnie sidestepped, and for a moment he could only stare wide-eyed at Raph, who was catapulted across the rooftops toward Mikey and Leo.

"DAMN IT!" Leo's voice yelled through the night, and Donnie turned back towards the street. The thief had already landed on the nearest roof and was threatening to escape. Donnie also started to sprint when he saw Leo's sword whirling through the air - in a split second it was level with the thief and Leo teleported instantly.

"Who do you think you a...!" Leo's words stuck in his throat as well. His hand gripped the hilt from the Katana he used to teleport over - but it wasn't alone! The thief grabbed it too and stood with his back to Leo's plastron not a sheet of paper fitting between the two as they each held the sword with their right hands.

He's... small? - Leo thought as he quickly raised his left arm to confront the thief with his second sword. Who also raised his left arm synchronously and directed Leo's attack into the void.

Leo stared in disbelief at the hand that seemed to be guiding his left arm, and reflexively he leaned his body to the side and twisted his right arm back for balance. Something is wrong here! Those hands...

At that moment, the thief dived and took Leo off his feet with a move worthy of a breakdance. Leo landed hard on his shell and looked up, angry and confused. Who was this idiot who makes him and his brothers look like absolute beginners and...

HE HAS MY SWORD!? Leos right hand reached into nothing. Now he was really pissed. How can this guy be so fast!?

Behind them, Mikey and Raph could be heard developing. Raph seemed no less angry than Leo. There was no sign of Donnie. Leo stared at the figure standing over him. Everything went so fast. How could the situation go so wrong?! The turtle and the thief made eye contact and at that moment something inside of Leo twitched, and he realized the green eyes of the thief.

Then the unexpected happened: After a second of silence, the thief threw the sword to Leo, and he caught it in surprise. An astonished expression crossed the turtle's face.

"Don't follow me any further. I'm not your enemy." the voice was calm and soft

A GIRL!? Now everything fell into place in Leo's face and his jaw dropped. Mikey and Raph finally found their way to the roof, and Leo turned to look at them as they landed. When he turned back, she was gone.