#54

"Mr Dean! Thank you for being able to set up an appointment for me on such short notice.”

"Mrs O'Neil. Please take a seat."

"Thank you very much."

“I would like to get straight to the point…”

"That suits me very well."

"Wonderful. I want you to treat this conversation as off the record."

"That can be arranged."

"Terrific. Tell me, how did you know there was a theft here? The security system only alerted a burglary, whereupon the police moved out. But we refrained from reporting a robbery."

"I'm really sorry, but obviously I have to protect my sources."

"Of course. And how do you intend to help clarify the matter?"

"I was hoping that you could tell me more about the stolen artifacts and that with the information I have I can get a full picture of the circumstances that might help clear things up."

"Wouldn't it be easier if you gave me the information you have? Feel free to put aside possible identities of your sources…”

"I'm sorry, but I'd like to shed some light on things myself."

"If you smell a story you can profit from, I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you."

"I have a personal interest in enlightenment."

"I see?"

"I will not say anymore about it."

Short silence.

"Well. On one condition: you get the information you want, and I get the coins back."

"Deal."

"Make an appointment with my secretary, our archivist will take care of you."

"Mr Dean, thank you very much."

"Mrs O'Neil, I will thank you if you manage to solve this robbery."