#30

So they sat together again in the projector room. They had arranged the armchairs and sofas in a kind of circle, so that they were facing each other, and Casey got a loooong update. He was visibly moved by the events of the past days, and Leo had to talk his guilty conscience out of it for missing Raph's call. You just can't be awake 24/7.

Splinter had left, but promised to come back with answers.

The young woman was lying apart on a couch with them and was asleep again. Donnie couldn't help himself and reactivated his vital monitoring capsule. He just needed it, he was very upset. They were all upset.

Mikey had ordered pizza in the meantime, and the update for Casey gradually developed into a joint retrospective of what happened. Sharing the memories together calmed them all, and little by little a more relaxed mood settled.

“That chest twist you were talking about, Leo. I felt it now too." said Mikey with his mouth full

"Me too…" Raph said

"I also!" April was excited, ”And do you know what I was thinking at that moment? Of Karai and how she transferred her energy and knowledge to me back then."

“With the Hamato Ninpo?” asked Leo

"Yes, exactly! In what situations did you feel it?"

"In battle…" Leo mused

"While laughing!" exclaimed Mikey

"When I was worried…" Raph pondered

They looked at Donnie.

"I… when I stopped her with my Bo in the garage… I…"

He hesitated. April took heart and walked over to Donnie and sat down next to him.

"Donnie." her voice was careful and full of compassion, "We've all seen it. There is a very special energy between you and this girl. You both understand each other without words. You are connected, and this connection seems to be really unique - but also dangerous.
We are your family, you can trust us. Please tell us what you know. You don't have to go through this alone with her."

Everyone nodded, moved by April's little speech.

"We promise not to make fun of you, Donnie." said Leo

The purple one looked at his twin. He raised an eyebrow in doubt.

"Really?"

"Really, really."

"Those are two really’s..."

Leo and Donnie grinned at each other. And the others could once again see how close Donnie and Leo were.

"Okay…" Donnie took a deep breath, "I had that spinning sensation for a second too, but it was just the beginning of an intuitive glimpse into her. Sometimes when we look into each other's eyes, I can make out images. Also, her feelings and thoughts reach me. And I strongly suspect it's the same the other way around."

"You can read your mind…?" Mikey said enchanted

"No Mikey. It's not that simple. They're impressions we can't really control… like… like…"

"Like remembering a dream and only fragmentary images come…?" said Leo in a quiet and understanding tone.

"Yeah, like that" Donnie gave Leo a deep look, but then continued, "It allows us some sort of non-verbal communication, but it's more intuitive than intentional. We can't really control that. It is like a flame, that is burning within us.”

“Like a flame! Like you are burning! As before in the kitchen.” Raph was still gripped by that moment

"Seems to me like when you're both emotionally very upset, it always gets wild." said Casey and he looked nervous.