#79

Shiro's mind was permeated with hateful blackness. Everything in her craved power, oppression, revenge, destruction. It pulled on her like a strong suction, and she held on with all her will to the glowing white-purple light that lived deep inside her and was stubbornly and firmly anchored there.

She saw the world through the bloodthirsty ancestor's eyes, but her self was unaffected. She had been prepared and so her plan had worked, that her ancestors could not take over her completely. But she couldn't endure the blackness she had let inside for long, it robbed her of her senses and lusted for the little orb that kept her in this world as long as her heart was still beating.

And so she had been surprised to be confronted with a Donnie who wasn't himself anymore, and time was running out on her. She hoped she hadn't wounded Draxum too badly – he had been the perfect diversionary tactic to convince her relatives that their damned plan had finally worked. Also, to distract them from the fact that Shiro only possessed a part of the power, which she would have attained with a total fusion of black and white energy, and that she wasn’t using her own Ninpo.

And so she held on to herself, to her will, to the orb – and the hope that she still had enough time to save the four brothers and April. She doubted her ancestors would be fooled like that again and wouldn't risk it.

It had been extremely difficult for her not to crush this being that had taken over Donnie. The blackness in her craved his blood and only the hope that he was still somewhere in there even if she couldn't feel the flame, kept her from destroying the samurai, and the shared pain of her only attack on him confirmed her hope.

She watched grimly and contentedly as her opponent in the body of the one she loved held the Bo in both hands and prepared for his final blow.

Shiro hoped her another crazy plan would work.

Donnie saw through his eyes the man in his body picking up the Bo, which was humming and glowing. When the Samurai had raised his sword against Leo for the killing blow, something had broken out in him, which made him able to act again and with each further escalation of his ancestor's anger, Donnie had been able to keep coming back. A small round light within him kept him firmly anchored within himself, and he knew what light this was, and even without the flame he could feel her. 

When he had seen Shiro and looked into her black eyes, it had cost him all his will to remain unnoticed in his ancestor's consciousness. The worst had happened, but the orb still shone brightly and stubbornly within him, giving him hope and don’t let him despair. Donnie just wished he could rid that darkness out of her!

He had understood that he couldn't intervene into his ancestor's actions with force, and when he felt his Bo in his hands obeying another, he let him know that this was the one weapon that would finally satisfy his anger.

Donnie hoped his insane plan would work.

Ikuto Hamato held the Bo to his side with both hands as he ran and made a high jump. He felt the staff vibrate more and more and felt the power in it as he lifted it over his head and looked down at that hated woman there below him, who in her arrogance and demand for more power probably had no intention of evading.

All eyes were on the two combatants as the turtle leapt at the young woman with a giant jump. The Bo left its glowing purple stripe in the air. Shiro lunged backwards, raised both hands to block the blow and closed her eyes.

The impact went painful through Shiro's whole body, and as she gritted her teeth, she saw the orb pulsating brightly in front of her inner eye. She opened her eyes and gripped the Bo tightly, looking into her opponent's completely surprised and shocked face.

"I'll see you in a minute, Donnie." she said softly and saw a flicker in his eyes.

The Bo made a crackling noise, the hum grew to extremes and became deafening within moments. Shiro closed her eyes again.

Raph ducked down with Leo and let his hands glow red and all of a sudden several red glowing walls shot out of the earth, and laid themselves like protective shields around Leo, Mikey, April, their weapons and himself.

The woman looked down in surprise at the red case around her prisoner and saw that the young journalist had regained consciousness and had one arm free! She wanted to draw her blade, but…

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Shiro and Donnie were thrown back and hit the ground as the powerful shock wave spread out spherically. Shining purple accompanied by white swirling lines made its way across the plain with tremendous force, sweeping everything with it. Dust, rocks, dead bodies, and their opponents were lifted off their feet and hurled through the air like puppets with debris and screams, only to hit the earth with full force.

Shiro felt her thoughts clear after the darkness was wiped from her head, as the shock wave rushed through her body once, and she was not only carried away physically, but also mentally.

And with the darkness also left the power she had possessed, and she felt the pain in her body, the many cuts that were inflicted on her from her impact between stone and rock. The exchange seemed tactically very inconvenient at that moment, but what other option did she have?

She stirred and groaned in pain, but she was used to it and got to her feet and looked around. The air was churned, the dust settled. Her black shirt and pants were torn in many places. She saw the Bo glowing on the ground some distance in front of her. Behind her, almost indiscernible between the dust, she saw Donnie lying there, who was just beginning to prop himself up on his forearms and let out a choked scream as he clutched his chest.

"Donnie…" Shiro whispered

And as if time had been turned back, Shiro started running, ignoring the pain in her body, picking up Bo with a roll across the floor and traversing the distance between her and Donnie. She could see that his armor was gone, his shirt was in tatters, and one hand was trying to remove something from his chest while the other hand was trying to stop him.

A few feet and she was with him, he shot her a haunted look, still struggling with his own hand, face twisted with an inner struggle. Shiro recognized the coin on his plastron, which seemed branded and pulsated. She gritted her teeth and grabbed it, and cried out in pain as it burned the skin from her already bleeding palm.

"Donnie!" she called when she heard a screeching voice.

“RAISE OUR ANCESTORS! THAT WAS A TRAP!”

Shiro let go of the coin and her gaze darted across the plain, and then she saw her. She stood over April, who was draped in black shackles and surrounded by a red, transparent protective layer. Shiro's eyes widened. 

She was busted! Her fraud was detected! They would awaken them right now! And then it was all too late! Her mind began to race.