#74

"You lost her!?" Draxum looked shocked at the embarrassed and sad-looking group. "And Donatello can't be reached and is out there somewhere looking for her?!"

He couldn't believe what the turtles just told him in short sentences. Danger was right in front of them, the dark forces combined with the sole aim to devour this young woman, and now she was gone!

"I will find her!" he said determinedly, and went to his mystical paraphernalia to make the necessary preparations. They mustn't lose a second of time now.

"Draxum…" Leo said, and the Baron turned to him angrily, "I don't think she wants to be found. She has a plan."

He could hear pain and sadness in Leonardo's voice, and something inside him convulsed.

"What plan?" he asked in a low voice.

Leo clenched his fists and looked at the floor.

“She's going to end it her way. She gives her life to save the world." he said between his teeth, and it took everything to hold back his tears.

Mikey wasn't that successful with it, and even didn't care. He sagged, put his hands in front of his face and sobbed

Draxum understood. That impossible, stubborn young woman! He knew she was capable of pulling off this plan and realized how much he liked her and how much he cared about her. He wanted to prevent it, but was at a loss.

"Let's find April first." said Raph, hoping to break the hopelessness

"Why don't you just use the communicator?" Casey asked, looking at Raph doubtfully

"Because it's really only for emergencies…" said Raph

"So if this isn't starting to be an emergency, then what is!?" shouted Casey and threw up his arms in disbelief.

Leo and Raph exchanged a look. Raph raised his arm, activated the communicator and said

"April?"

There was a break.

A longer break.

Raph felt a chill rise up the back of his neck. Leo swallowed. Draxum held his breath.

Then a crackle, the unfamiliar voice of a woman

"Good evening, which Hamato am I talking to?" soft laugh.

They exchanged shocked looks.

"Shiro… you… okay?" Donnie was breathing heavily and wrapped his arms around Shiro who was breathing in sync with Donnie and was holding on to the seat back behind him with her face buried in his neck.

The Sphere slowly calmed its movements, but it continued to vibrate and seemed fully charged. The flames burned brightly around them, intertwining to separate and rejoin.

Donnie could barely get his thoughts together. What was that?! What did they just do? He felt Shiro's breath on his neck and her tightness, which still enclosed him. Oh god, she felt so good!

"Shiro…?" he said, a little calmer now, and took her head to catch her gaze. She carefully braced herself and looked at him.

"Oh my…." said Donnie. Her eyes glowed! There was no longer a pupil to be seen, only glowing, purple, which seemed to shine unearthly.

"Donnie! Your eyes!" said Shiro amazed and wanted to say more, but she lifted her head to the sphere. It hummed and trembled.

Then Shiro straightened up and Donnie held her on her chest as she stretched her arms out to each side and opened her hands. The sphere hummed and got smaller and smaller. A shudder went through Donnie and Shiro as the sheath slipped through them and Shiro held her hands out in front of them again.